Everyone Else| Central Cee

Y/N stood by herself at their friends house warming party

Y/N stood by herself at their friends house warming party. Oakley stood across the room engaging with other people. She didn't know him well. Well she'd be lying if she said that. Y/N knew Oakley despite their stagnant friendship.

She didn't think he even paid attention to her. She tapped her cup in her hands feeling a bit anxious. Her friends family members were having a good time.

Y/N looked around the living room for more of her mutual friends. Y/N smiled when Oakley approached her, "Hey."

"Wassup, you alright?" He asked staring at her.

Y/N nodded, "I'm fine."

"Nah, you seem anxious. Wanna go outside for a bit?" His voice was soft like velvet.

Y/N couldn't contain her smile when he grabbed her hand interlocking their fingers and guided her outside. The fresh summer air eased her as a nice sweat built on her skin.

"Better?" He ran his hand down her back sending tingles down her spine.

"Yeah, thank you. I don't even know where our friends went."

He laughed staring at the sky, "I think their by the pool on the other side of the house."

Y/N looked back at her friends new house in awe, "Can't believe she really married rich. This shit is crazy. That's supposed to be me."

Oakley laughed at her joke, "You can still marry rich you know."

His gaze fell upon her and she blushed slightly embarrassed, "I-I didn't really mean it. I'll take anything."

"Anything?"

Y/N bit her lip, "how's Stella?"

Oakley looked down at his cup, "She's good I guess."

"You guess?" Y/N was confused.

Y/N saw the light dim from his eyes when she brought her up. She placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, "Whatever it is you'll be alright."

Before he could respond a male voice called out from the back door, "Yo! We're about to play pool. Come on man!"

Y/N scooted away from him creating distance, "Go ahead superstar."

Oakley sighed, "You alright out here by yourself?"

"Yes, I'm not in middle school." Y/N said rolling her eyes.

He hesitated but got up, "If you need me just come find me. Anytime okay?"

"Yeah sure."

She watched as he walked back inside the house. She heard cheers from their friends as they began their game. Y/N looked into her empty cup.

Some of her friends family members sat around outside enjoying the weather. She saw the alcohol table and decided to refill her cup.

Y/N unscrewed the top of the Hennessy bottle and poured it into her coke. An older woman approached the drink table grabbing a water.

"Was that your boyfriend honey?"

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows, "No ma'am."

"No you guys are a couple! You can't fool me dear. I saw it with my own eyes." The woman said smiling.

Y/N shook her head, "Miss, he has a girlfriend."

"Don't let that stop you from finding your husband."

Y/N laughed, "Okay."

The woman continued, "You know the same thing happened with me. My husband was my friend at first. We had so much chemistry but didn't see it."

"What do you mean?"

The woman sipped from her bottle, "You saw how he came to your rescue without you having to say anything?"

Y/N nodded.

"I watched him. He was watching you from afar admiring you. The minute you started tapping your cup he went over."

Y/N's heart felt like it would fall out of her chest, "Really?"

The woman hummed, "Like I said don't let that stop you from finding your husband."

The end of the house warming party was near. Y/N met up with her friend Mira, "Can you take me home? I forgot I Uber'd here."

Oakley came up to her side throwing an arm over her shoulder, "I'll take you."

Mira smirked, "Yeah, Oakley will take you home."

Y/N winked at Mira who gave her a sly wave. Oakley leaned into Y/N's warm body. She smelled like summer, citrus and sandalwood.

"Oakley, you're heavy." Y/N jabbed his side as he dragged her to the car.

"Doesn't really matter. You like it."

Y/N scoffed playfully, "No, you love me though."

"I do love you."

Y/N leaned against his car door smiling up at him, "I love you too, like a friend right?"

Oakley's adams apple bobbed trying to speak, "Nah."

Y/N stared into his dreamy eyes, "What are you talking about. Don't make me mad. If you're playing a trick-"

He cut her off grabbing her hands, "You're way too anxious darlin."

"Oakley, say what you need to say before I throw up."

He chuckled running a hand over her cheek. She watched as his eyes scanned her face. She thought he was beautiful. He leaned down softly kissing her lips.

She relaxed under his touch. The way his hands curved as he held her cheeks, "Stella and I broke up a while ago."

"Why?" Her voice was a faint whisper.

"Because she said we had too much chemistry and everybody else saw it but us."

Y/N blinked, "everybody but us."

He kissed her again, "I'm not letting you slip from my fingers anymore."

"Okay then."

Authors Note:

Y'all I wrote this on my phone so bare with me.

I'm sorry I haven't updated I've been busy with my art showcase but my semester is over so I'll be updating frequently again!