Black Swan| Central Cee

NOTE: wanted to do a besties imagine fr simply platonic shit

Y/N flexed her bruised feet as she stood behind the black curtain. The audience was still settling down. The lights dimmed as she got into her position.

Opening for her dance company put a lot of pressure on her. Her heart was beating extra fast. She closed her eyes ignoring her itchy costume. Y/N smiled slightly remembering her phone call with her best friend.

FLASHBACK- MORNING FACETIME CALL

"I don't even know why you're nervous," Oakley said tiredly watching her through the screen.

Y/N sighed unwrapping her feet. She winced looking at how battered they looked. "Cench I'm saying I'm opening up at the Opera House. That's crazy, what if I mess up?"

"You won't."

Y/N rolled her eyes. She knew he was right though. She had spent countless hours in the dance room forcing herself to forget her imperfections.

She undid her bun shaking her coils out. "Are you still coming?"

Oakley nodded and yawned, "Yeah my flight from Brazil should land a few hours before you start."

Y/N smiled, "Cool. I haven't seen you in like a year."

He smiled back, "Yo I can't wait to tell you all the shit I been doin."

Y/N nodded, "For sure. I know it's late there so I'll see you soon!"

"I'll call you when I land, I promise."

She blew kisses at the phone as Oakley hung up. Y/N ran a hot bath letting the hot water massage her muscles. She hoped he'd show up.

FLASHBACK- MORNING FACETIME CALL OVER

Y/N shook the thought from her head. He didn't call her at all. She didn't even know if he landed or made it to his hotel safely.

Australia was busy and Y/N knew how long it took her to figure it out all alone. She just hoped he was in the crowd watching.

The classical music started and Y/N pushed past her fears. The curtains slowly opened revealing the stage.

Her soft pink spotlight illuminated her under the darkness. The audience clapped as the opera began playing.

The soft sounds of the piano and violin overtook her. Y/N danced with grace. It was like she was an Angel and God had sent her down from heaven himself.

Her white costume outlined her body showcasing her curves and dark skin. She ignored the pain in her feet as she turned to the music.

Her movements were sharp as the conductor signaled the harps to play. The violin got rough indicating a change of tone. The piano lagged behind letting the snare drums catch up.

Her opening solo told the story for the rest of the performances. Her dainty hands pointed inward while she kept her toes pointed.

Y/N let out a breath as she realized this was her final moment of the night. She completed her final spin landing on the floor in her final position with everything in her. Her face contorted with emotion as the music faded out.

She bowed her head as the light diminished and the curtains closed. The audience clapped in awe once it was over.

Y/N rushed off the stage getting silent cheers from her peers. She moved out of the way enjoying the rest of the performances.

At the end, all the dancers returned to the stage bowing as they received a standing ovation. Her eyes scanned the crowd and her heart sank when she didn't see him.

She stood in her dressing room noticing her phone going off. Y/N rushed over looking at the screen.

¡CC!

CC
Bro my flight got delayed
I'm so sorry Y/N
We just landed but traffic is a bitch
I tried calling a bunch of times but I'm pretty sure you won't get this until it's over
You're gonna do just fine

She exited out of her text thread shaking her head. Clearing her throat she packed her bag and pulled on her sweats and hoodie.

Y/N watched as people hugged their loved ones as they reunited after the show. Her smile faded when she got to her car in the dark parking lot. No one was there for her.

Y/N arrived at her place. It was a cute and dainty apartment that was falling apart but she loved it. The minute she twisted the door knob she knew he was there.

"Cee?" She called out closing the door behind her.

A large bouquet of flowers sat on her couch. Three dozen of them. They made her smile. Oakley came from the kitchen giving her a bear hug.

"Bro I'm so sorry!" He pleaded picking her up from the ground.

"It's okay." She mumbled into his chest as he rubbed her back.

He kissed the top of her head before pulling away, "How was it?"

Y/N smiled sheepishly, "Great, I think. I didn't fall on my face."

Oakley laughed as he dragged her to her bathroom. The tub was already half full of water. Y/N knew the drill. She chucked her shoes off and pulled up her sweats.

She sighed dipping her aching feet in the water. Oakley bent down next to her massaging her tender ankles. Y/N gripped onto the porcelain tub steadying herself.

"You must be trying to get back on my good side." Her giggles filled the bathroom.

Oakley laughed sending vibrations through her leg, "Something like that."

Y/N flexed her toes trying to stretch them out. She winced at the pain before settling her feet deeper into the tub, "It's the thought that counts I guess."

"I'm really sorry, Y/N."

"I know. Seeing everybody with their loved ones made me feel some type of way. You weren't there for me despite the fact that I always drop everything when you need me."

He swallowed his guilt as she continued, "I think I rely on you too much and that's my fault."

Oakley pulled away from her body watching the ripples in the water, "What are you saying Y/N?"

"I need some space."

He nodded standing up. Y/N kept her back turned towards him swishing her feet.

"I'll be back though. You won't get rid of me that easily."

Authors Note:

Um I had this idea and thought it was a bit different.

Interactive question: Have you ever had a falling out with a close friend? Personally, yes, quite a few times.

Vote and comment.