69

LXIX

LXIX. ONE ON CONDITION

derek hale |

SIX MONTHS LATER...

STRESS WAS CURRENTLY HIGH IN DEREK AND AZALEA'S LIFE. derek was preparing to propose to azalea whereas she was gearing up to take the bar exam which would determine he future of being a lawyer. this meant she was quite distant from him as she drowned herself in studying for hours on end to make sure she was ready for the exam. she has finished her very last semester so most of her time was now spent interning and learning under kathleen, as well as michael at the firm jamie works at.

if derek thought two days a week of her in school away from him was terrible, what it was like now was even worse. she was pretty much gone all day every day during the week with only free time on the weekends. though that time was filled of her studying on top of her studying late at night after being at the firm.

derek hardly got to see her nowadays and it's been driving him insane. he wanted all of her time and attention despite how unrealistic it sounded. he knew once she took the exam she could relax and would have time to spend with him. it just sucked he has to wait and continue to have her be distant with him. all his wolf wanted was to be with her and nurture her so all of his instincts were growing stronger the longer they went without each other.

he desperately wanted to fall asleep and wake up together like they used to. now she's up late studying and goes to sleep after him then she's gone early in the morning to work with kathleen or goes straight back to studying. it bothered derek to see her drowning herself in her work but he knew just how much this meant to her. he wasn't going to do anything to get in the way of that. all he had to do was wait one more extra day until she takes the bar exam.

as for him, he's been planning and planning his proposal for quite some time now. he would've rather done it months ago when things were steady and not too hectic with them now. but the fear of him doing it so soon and suddenly made him wait a little while longer. besides, the whole thing with braeden and the hunters surrounding the pack back then made it harder for him to focus.

now things have been incredibly quiet and peace with the territory and, braeden was long gone from him. so he had been planning his proposal to azalea very closely with lydia and allison making sure it was entirely perfect.

he's never been more sure about something in his life than he is about this. marrying the love of his life. of course being mates is more sacred and deeper than anything else. but there was something about getting down on one knee and wanting to see her walk down the isle and say their i do's that really got to him. he wanted it all with her.