17

xvii

xvii. STRENGTH IN NUMBERS

Unknown |

THE ENORMOUS ARMY OF ROGUES STOOD IN A WIDE OPEN FIELD, AWAITING FOR THEIR LEADER. Some were talking amongst one another while others stood quietly alone. There were a handful of rogues who felt out of place. Forced to be here. But a few of them had no place to go so they decided to stay here and take part in this upcoming war. It wasn't something a handful of the people here wanted to do. To them, they didn't have any other choice and being a lone rogue wasn't something they could go back to.

Everyone here knew the pack they were up against. They were aware of the diverse supernatural creatures within the pack. This gave the pack an advantage against them. However, they had a good amount of people. There were strength in numbers so it was fair to say they were optimistic about winning the war.

"Greetings everyone." Their leader's rough, gravelly voice spoke in strong authority as he stood in front of everyone with his two right hand men by his side. The chatter was quick down die down at his presence.

"I know many of you, including me, are very eager to eliminate Derek Hale and his pack. However, we must be prepared. We all will need training which will began as early at tomorrow morning." He explained, looking between his army of rogues as he spoke. "First, I would like to go over a few things I've recently learned."

"Are the rumors true, Xavier? Does Derek Hale finally have his mate?" Once called from within the crowd. A few mutters of surprise quickly arose before dying down when their leader cleared his throat.

"Yes. We have recently come to discover he has found his mate. So it looks like we found a weakness in Alpha Hale." Xavier smirked wickedly at his own words. "And to top it all off, the girl is just a human. Looks like we have an open opportunity right in front of us."

"Sir, you know Alpha's are extremely territorial and protective of their mates. There's a chance he's not going to let her out of his sight until the war is over." Another shouted from the crowd, making everyone else agree at the words.

Xavier huffed, thinking for a moment before glancing at Lucas, one of his right hand men. "Which is why we aren't going to attack right away. Lucas here will be the head of all of your training."

"Now, I already have some of my men watching over their community and the girl. When there's an opportunity, we'll take the girl and attack the community when Alpha Hale learns she's gone." Xavier further explained, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked between everyone.

"What are you gonna do to the girl? If she's human there's a chance she knows nothing about the supernatural." A feminine voice yelled out.