43

xliii

xliii. FLAME

∞༺♥༻✧

Azalea Montez |

AZALEA GIGGLED AS DEREK TOOK HER HAND AND SPUN HER AROUND, THEN PULLING HER TO HIS CHEST. She ended up enjoying the time she shared with Derek at the fancy restaurant. She was glad she took up his offer and trusted him. Except there was a moment when Derek let his possessiveness take over and scared the waiter who was only being polite to Azalea. Derek took it as him trying to flirt with her making Azalea give him the silent treatment, but giving up when he started whining like a little kid.

Still she was waiting for his surprise for her. They were currently walking through the town, enjoying each other presence. She was in awe of the warm lights surrounding the the small trees, making everything appear as if it were out of a movie. She was over the moon Derek took her out into the town. This was territory she's never seen before and it made her incredibly excited.

"This was the perfect date. Thank you, Derek." She looked up at him, squeezing gently onto his hand as she held a beaming smile.

"Anything for you, sweetheart." He kissed her forehead.

He let go of her hand to drape his arm over her shoulders and pull her close to him. The peace and contentment he finally had made him so happy and relieved. There was nothing that could take this away from him. Everything has finally fallen into place in his life with his mate and nothing would ever change. Despite the upcoming obstacle, he was going to make sure everything remained okay between him and Azalea. This love was something he couldn't lose. He would destroy everything in his way for her. To be with her.

"Can you give me the surprise now?" She asked, giving him a pleading smile and innocent eyes.

He melted at the look on her face, almost giving in and telling her what he has for her. But he held it together. "God you're so fucking cute." He chuckled.

"Pretty please..." She trailed, jutting out her bottom lip. He leaned down and kissed her pouty lips, nipping at her bottom one causing her to gasp.

"Only a few more minutes baby." He told her making her roll her eyes with a huff. She crossed her arms over her chest as she pouted.

Derek lead her to a small pavilion in the middle of the town. The railing surrounding the pavilion were wrapped in warm golden lights with white roses sitting in between the twists of the wires. Derek watched as her eyes lit up at the breath taking sight and he knew he made the best choice by bringing her here.

"This is so pretty." She whispered, walking up the steps and turning around to face Derek.

He smiled lovingly at her, grasping her hand and pulling her into his chest. One of his arms snaked around her waist, his hand resting on her lower back. "I'm glad you enjoyed our night together." He murmured. He began swaying them back and forth when a slow quiet song began playing through the town.