9

ix

ix. CONSIDERATIONS

∞༺♥༻✧

Derek Hale |

WATCHING FROM AFAR, DEREK KEPT HIS EYES ON AZALEA WHO WAS LAUGHING WITH JAMIE. He held a scowl on his face, hating the way his own mate seemed more comfortable with Jamie more than anyone else. She was supposed to be with him. Laughing with him and talking with him. But here he was, watching his own mate have a heart warming conversation with his beta and fucking beaming with him.

He growled, clenching his jaw as his wolf grew angrier by the second at the sight in front of him. The only time he ever got to be with her alone was at night when it was time for them to go to bed. And she still refused to talk to him. He was getting more impatient by the day. Sure she was human but she should at least feel the bond by now. He already could tell she felt the shocks and tingles every time he touched her. She would always flinch away the moment they touched.

It only added to his territorial nature. All he wanted to do was to hold her in his arms where she was the safest. And it sucked how she wanted nothing to do with him. He wished so badly to go back in time and redo things. He cursed his wolf for making him crazy and falling into his primal instincts. He should've had better control and he didn't. The mate bond was making him insane. Sure he was aware of how territorial and possessive wolves were of their mates. He just didn't think he would be this bad.

"You look like a kicked puppy." Stiles broke Derek from his thoughts as he was approached by him and Scott. "Just go over and talk to her. It's not rocket science." He added, then slowly shaking his head in fear as he took a step back from the Alpha who sent him a murderous look.

"I can't talk to her when she fucking hates me, Stiles." Derek sneered, crossing his arms over his chest as he looked back at his mate who was now accompanied by Allison and Lydia. He felt more at ease with the two girls with her though it still bothered him that she was still near Jamie.

"Maybe if you didn't kidna–I'ma just stop talking." Stiles mumbled when Derek sent him another warning look, using Scott as a body blocker so he wouldn't get killed by Derek.

"It's not his fault she got hurt on the night of the full moon. You know how protective wolves are especially on those nights." Scott told Stiles who just scoffed at the information he already knew.

Derek silently thanked Scott, "Did Christian do his perimeter run with the trainees?" He asked, continuing to keep his eyes on his mate.

"Yeah, he said he extended the radius by five miles. Everything was clear so far. He's going to bring them out again at the end of the week." Scott told him, shaking his head at Derek's pathetically possessive behavior. "Did you tell her about the dinner tonight?"