48

xlviii

xlviii. HUNGRY WOLF

derek hale |

THE EMERGENCY PACK MEETING WASN'T AS HELPFUL AS DEREK HOPED IT WOULD BE. they still couldn't figure out for themselves what this meant and why these people were now also in beacon hills. there could've been a number of things as to why they were here. he wasn't sure if it were people trying to come after him and his community, or if it was a warning sign to stay out of it and not help shawn. there was so many possibilities of what this could mean. all derek wanted was some answers.

as the meeting was coming to an end with a few precautions set in place, jamie came barging in the room with a file in his hand. he slid the file across the table to derek, a troubled look in his eyes as derek glanced at him questionably.

derek flipped through the papers his jaw tightening as his eyes scanned everything over. if this is true, this meant azalea was in the same room as a blood sucking monster. his wolf was fuming in rage but he stayed dangerously calm, sucking in a deep breath and looking at jamie with a darkening glint in his eyes.

"where did this come from?" he asked, passing the file to scott who was seated right beside him.

"azalea figured it out. the girl knows how to do her research and finding any information she wants." jamie answered with a slight chuckle, gulping when derek flashed his red eyes in rage.

he released a low menacing growl, causing everyone in the room to shift uncomfortably as the boiling anger radiating from the alpha. however lucy's sneaky smirk was caught by allison, lydia, and jamie. the two girls shared a look with one another before glaring at the wanna be luna.

"what do you mean azalea figured it out? and why did she go to you?" derek snarled, abruptly standing to his feet causing the chair to scratch across the wooden floor. "i told her to stay out of it!"

scott immediately jumped in to diffuse the situation, "derek look at it this way. if it wasn't for azalea figuring this out, then we wouldn't know the type of people behind this and going after shawn. now we know and can do something to help."

derek whipped his head at scott and glared at him, "that doesn't change the fact that my girl was in the same room as one of them! we may know now that they're vampires, but how the hell do we stop them?!" derek roared, slamming his fists onto the table causing it to crack slightly.

"we don't know how, okay? all we can do now is come up with a plan with shawn and his pack so we can stop any more people from dying." scott tried to calm him, glaring at lucy who just scoffed at the building situation.