45

xlv

xlv. KILLER'S SYMBOL

Derek Hale |

WITH AN AGGRAVATED HUFF, DEREK ENDED THE PACK MEETING WHICH MADE EVERYONE QUICKLY LEAVE. they were trying to figure out what exactly they could do to help shawn's pack but there was not much they could do if they don't know what the problem is. however they have one lead from what shawn sent to derek and it's a photo of some symbol that no one can figure out. according to shawn, the killers have been leaving some symbol of their own to show some sort of power.

no one knew what these people were, what they wanted, or why they were interested in shawn and his pack. but derek knew he needed to help him as he and his pack helped him. the biggest plan was to do everything they could to avoid another bloody fight and risk losing the lives of more people. though if it came down to it, he was going to have to figure something out for azalea so she was far away from it.

it made him uneasy all over again to think of this happening again. he thought the only obstacle he had to deal with was this new luna situation. now he had to put his pack on the line again and potentially dive into another war. of course he would help shawn without second guessing. and he used to never back away from a fight or to get a little blood on his hands. but that was all before he met azalea. now he had her to think about and to make sure she was safe and protected at all costs. he had to think of her over almost everything else.

he knew he was going to do whatever he could to avoid putting his life and everyone else's on the line. he also needed to figure out whether to tell azalea what's going on or not. he didn't want to scare her at all but he also didn't want her to think anything either. right now she needed to focus on her last two exams before winter break. he for sure didn't want to take that away from her.

he walked down the stairs and saw lucy in a conversation with her two pack members and christian and jamie. looking over into the living room, he saw david sprawled out on the other sofa while azalea was on the other doing her school work. a smile took over his face and he instantly relaxed when her face lit up when she saw him.

"hi baby." he made his way over to her, leaning down to kiss her forehead before sitting beside her. "are you almost done with your work?"

she nodded, "yeah. i just have to finish the last paragraph then i'm done. but jamie wants me to go over the case i'm shadowing with him."

derek frowned and held a small pout on his face. "so no alone time?"

"that depends on what you mean by alone time." she said while giving him a narrowed look causing him to smirk and lean his lips to her ear.

"it means me and you... alone... naked in bed doing some naughty things." he whispered suggestively in her ear causing her to gasp and instinctively squeeze her thighs together.