15

xv

xv. CLOSE BUT NOT CLOSE ENOUGH

∞༺♥༻✧

Azalea Montez |

AZALEA AND VICTORIA BEGAN BRINGING THEIR BOXES INSIDE THEIR NEW HOUSE IN DEREK'S COMMUNITY. Surprisingly Azalea was willing to move into the community and bought the story Victoria gave her. She was hesitant at first but trusted Victoria. Although she told herself she didn't care, she wondered where Derek was. It was strange how she sort of itched to be near him, in his presence even after everything. The hatred she had toward him greatly diminished as each day passed. That wasn't the only thing.

She knew there was a secret going on no one wanted her to know. She was unsure if Victoria knew anything or not but she was sure Derek and his group knew something about her she didn't. Figuring out this secret is something she needed to do. Whether she found out from Derek or anyone else she knew was close to him. Maybe it would show her the reason why she was so important to Derek.

"What're you thinking about?" Victoria broke her from her thoughts when stepping back inside to see Azalea staring into space.

"I feel like something is off. Not with us living here but with Derek and those close to him." Azalea told her, looking straight out the window. "Like there's a huge secret they can't risk anyone knowing."

Victoria immediately tore her gaze off her. She knew what Azalea was talking about. She hated keeping things from her best friend but keeping this secret from her was best. How could she tell her that everyone she become friends with were mostly werewolves and she was mated for life to Derek? The ruthless and powerful Alpha who lead this entire community?

To say Victoria hated Derek would be an understatement. She absolutely despised Derek. If he didn't keep her best friend against her will for those days on end and practically scared her, she would have no problem with him. Despite Christian telling her how much strength Alpha's have for their mates, she refused to understand Derek's side. She didn't see any other side except Azalea's who was still struggling with her feelings for Derek.

Before she could say anything, Victoria saw Christian enter the house with a box in his hold. Victoria smiled widely as she walked over to Christian, pressing a kiss to his cheek. The two shared a bright loving smile with one another before Victoria turned to Azalea who awkwardly went through a box.

"Hey, we're pretty much almost done. Christian is gonna help bring the rest in and I was gonna head to dinner with him. You okay with being alone for a few hours?" Victoria asked Azalea, knowing her best friend was more than okay with being on her own. Except this time she was worried about Derek coming here when she wasn't.