53

LIII

LIII. AN INEXCUSABLE SITUATION

derek hale |

DEREK STARED AT HIS GIRL WITH WIDE, LOVE FILLED EYES AS HER WORDS REPLAYED IN HIS HEAD. to see her ready for this entire mate bond, for everything that's meant to come from this, made derek feel so incredibly lucky and the happiest person in the entire world. the universe was finally working in his favor and pulling them together so beautifully and soulfully. he's been more than ready for this, and even if he had to wait for her, he would wait a lifetime. but now she was ready, ready to be with him forever and begin their journey together.

"are you sure? because once we go forward there's no going back." he whispered, holding onto her hands as if to ground himself and keep him reassured.

she squeezed his hands not once, not twice but three times with a warm grin on her face. "i'm definitely sure. forever with you sounds pretty amazing. i wouldn't want it to be anyone else." she reassured him, easing his worries and thoughts about if he were to change her mind suddenly. she knew what she wanted more than anything, and that was him. everything in her life felt right and complete with him in it.

he pulled her down by the back of her neck so he could reel her in a sweet kiss. their tongues tangled together as derek kissed her hungrily. she hummed when he pulled her to straddle his pelvis. he ran his hands under her shirt and up her back, causing goosebumps for form on her skin.

a sudden knock on the door made them pull away, derek snarling in frustration. he melted like putty when she placed a kiss on the corner of his mouth. he followed behind her and scowled when she opened the door to reveal scott standing there with a sheepish look.

"i'm sorry to interrupt but we need to figure out what to do with declan. we can't keep him locked up forever." scott told derek, glancing at azalea who stayed up against the alpha. her eyes turned to derek who clenched his jaw, his entire mood taking a complete 180.

"alright. call a quick pack meeting. but i think i already made my decision." derek told him causing him to nod and walk down the hall to the stairs. he sighed and turned around to look down at azalea.

"i'll hang out downstairs while you're in the meeting." she told him, leaning up to press a soft kiss to his lips. he went to catch her lips in another kiss but she was quicker to move away as she giggled. "i'll see you after." she smirked before leaving him alone in his office.

he shook his head with a smile on his face exiting the room and closing the door behind him. he made his way into the pack meeting room and took his seat at the head of the table. it was only a few minutes until everyone began piling in the room and taking their normal seats.