35

xxxv

xxxv. PEACEFUL MOMENTS

Derek Hale |

THE NEXT MORNING DEREK WOKE UP TO THE STRONG YET SWEET SMELL OF BLUEBERRY PANCAKES. He rubbed the tiredness from eyes while focusing on the calm rhythm of Azalea's heart. He decided to stay in bed for a few moments, not ready to wake up for the day. But he knew he needed to talk to Azalea so they could prepare for their return back home. He hoped she still wanted to come back home with him, and mostly he hoped she was really gonna move in with him.

Their conversation in the middle of the night still lingered in his mind. It first time he was as vulnerable as he was with his words with her. As much as he hated being vulnerable around people, he was learning to be more vulnerable with her. And with their conversation last night, he seemed more content with himself. It felt good to finally open up.

All he could do now was hope she wouldn't overthink her decision and pull away out of fear again. His wolf became over the moon when she said she wanted to move in with him. It seemed things were finally falling into place. The only thing making him worry was The Council. He didn't want her to get overwhelmed with them being there and being pushed into anything she didn't want to do.

He could only imagine what they could possibly attempt to push with their situation. He may have been lucky for them to change their mind regarding the wedding, but he can't keep fighting them on her not wanting to be Luna. Eventually she was going to have to become the Luna whether she wanted to or not.

Derek knew he could continue running this pack without a Luna. He's done it for years already so nothing would be changing. He knew his pack well enough and they could continue on without someone in the Luna status. As long as the pack had the presence of the Alpha's mate, that was all they needed. Like always, The Council is full of many surprises and Derek wasn't sure which one they will pull once meeting Azalea.

His biggest concern was keeping her secure and collected. He didn't want her getting too overwhelmed to the point she would start to resent everything and want to vanish again. He certainly cannot go through that again. All he could do right now is take it a day at a time and see what happens when they arrive.

Finally finding the energy, he climbed out of bed and stretched his muscles before leaving the bedroom. He followed the sweet scent of his mate until he reached the kitchen to see his girl cooking pancakes.

A purr like noise left the back of his throat as his eyes scanned her body up and down. She was only wearing a shirt which belonged to him and a pair of panties underneath. His legs moved him toward her until her back was pressed against his front and his nose inhaled her scent. His lips kissed her temple while his hands travelled up and down her sides.