59

LIX

LIX. A NEW REALITY

derek hale |

DEREK STOOD IN SHOCK AS HE TRIED TO PROCESS EVERYTHING THAT JUST OCCURRED. david and jamie attempted to make him snap out of the shock but he couldn't seem to hear anything they were saying. his eyes were glued to the spot azalea was standing in not long ago, where she saw him with lucy. he couldn't believe this is how everything turned out to be. he thought it would all get better once she was banished completely from his pack and territory. he didn't understand how all of this happened. and his anger against lucy was a type of anger he had never felt. though that didn't matter anymore as a few patrols carried her dead body out of the room.

his wolf was out of control, growling and whining nonstop and all he wanted was to find azalea to fix everything. he needed to explain to her what really happened. how camden attacked him, made him hallucinated into thinking lucy was really azalea. he couldn't pull himself out of his shock, unable to move his body that was enduring intense pain. he felt the faint burning in his neck, the same place he marked azalea, and he knew he was feeling her pain.

his eyes slowly scanned around the room. he noticed the damage done and the blood left from his own wounds that were already healed, as well as the pile of blood from lucy. but the biggest wound of all would be harder to fix. and he hoped and prayed azalea wouldn't hate him forever. there was nothing more he wanted than to tell her the truth. and if there was one thing he was going to do for sure, it was to never let her go. he was going to do everything possible to fix this. he knew none of this was his fault but still, it seemed like he failed her.

he couldn't get the look on her face out of his head. it made him sick to his stomach, and the thought of lucy made him want to puke. the only thing he wanted to do was to go find azalea but he knew that was the last thing she wanted. he was debating on letting her have her space even though it was hurting him. he doesn't think he could let her be. being with her, fighting for her and fixing this, was most important to him right now. nothing else.

"derek? derek can you hear me?" jamie asked, shaking derek's shoulder to get him to snap out of his shock.

"azalea..." he whispered to himself, still keeping his eyes on the same spot. "i need to find her."

"she's okay she's with lydia and allison now as far as i know." jamie reassured him, exchanging a look with david.

"i need to see her, she needs to know what really happened. i can't lose her." his voice same out shaky as tears welled in his eyes.

before jamie could say anything declan came into the room with harry and chris following right behind him. declan gave derek a careful gaze, trying to decide if he should be the one to tell him what azalea did. judging by the alpha's current state he decided not to until the situation was brought up.