38

xxxviii

xxxviii. THE COUNCIL

Derek Hale |

DEREK'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN AS THE MORNING RAYS OF SUNSHINE HIT HIS FACE. He rubbed the tiredness from his eyes and turned to see his beautiful mate still sleeping peacefully beside him. A soft smile crossed onto his face as he watched her with adoration. His eyes travelled down to her bare shoulder peeking from underneath the thin sheet covering her still bare body.

His wolf instincts took over and he couldn't help but place his lips on her shoulder, littering gentle kisses on her skin. She stirred in her sleep, slowly waking up from Derek's touch and turning in his arms to face him. Her eyes opened slowly, an instinct tired smile twisting onto her face when her eyes met his.

"Good morning baby." He hummed, propping himself up on his elbow and slightly hovering over her.

She giggled when he leaned his face down and began sucking gently on her collarbone. "Good morning." She let out a soft moan when he sucked on the sensitive patch of skin on her neck. "What, was last night not enough for you?"

He chuckled, pulling himself up to look into her beaming eyes. "Hmm, I think the big bad wolf would like some more." He smirked at the redness tinting her cheeks. "And I know you do too."

She blushed and hid her face in his neck. She couldn't control the way she was currently feeling. After their mind blowing night last night, he left her craving and desiring for more. As much as she wanted to have that gentle morning sex with him, the soreness between her legs brought her back to reality and knew she wouldn't be able to handle.

"But I know you're a bit sore, baby." He kissed her forehead before sitting up. "Shower with me?" He asked with his head slightly tilted to the side and eyes appearing innocent.

"As long as you behave." She warned him with a goofy grin causing him to chuckle before climbing out of the bed. He leaned down and picked her up in his arms causing her to squeal and hold onto him tightly. His heart fluttered when she rubbed her nose against his affectionately.

He hummed while carrying her to the bathroom connected to their bedroom, "I love when you rub your nose against mine." Warmth spread through him at the soft giggle she let out and rubbed her nose with his again.

He set her down on the bathroom counter and pecked her lips before opening the shower door. He turned the nozzle on, making sure it was the perfect temperature. Helping her down from the counter, the two stepped into the shower and let the warm water engulf them.

She sighed in content and leaned her head back with her eyes closed as she enjoyed the feeling of the water falling down her body. She gasped softly as Derek attached his lips to her neck, his chest sticking to her back. "Derek." She said his name in a warning tone.