32

xxxii

xxxii. REUNITED...

Derek Hale |

THE NEXT DAY, DEREK DECIDED TO STAY AT HIS HOME AND TAKE A BREAK FROM HIS ALPHA DUTIES. He left more messages for Azalea even though he knew he wouldn't get a response back. Still he had hope in him that she would answer and would decide to come home to him. He was more hurt than angry. All he wanted was to know why she took off instead of talking with him. He tried to understand but it was incredibly hard to.

A knock on his front door made him release a throaty growl. All he wanted was space from everyone and to not be bothered. No one seemed to respect that or even understand. He decided to ignore it in hopes of whoever was at the door to just go away. Much to his luck they didn't and instead just opened his door and walked right inside.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? When someone doesn't answer their door it usually means they don't want to be bothered." Derek barked when Christian walked into his living room.

"Well I was coming to ask you if you wanted to come with me to get Azalea but never mind then." Christian scoffed, going to leave the house until Derek immediately stopped him once Azalea was mentioned.

"You know where she is?!" Derek questioned.

Christian nodded, "Her and Victoria are in Jacksonville. Azalea's parents have a beach house there so that's where she took off to."

Derek let out a shaky breath, sitting back down on his couch as he felt incredibly stupid for not thinking about her going back to her hometown. That should've been the first place he thought of when she disappeared. Especially since she mentioned wanting to go back home there when he rescued her from Gerard.

"Victoria told me it's time for you to come get her. She's not doing so well without you." Christian explained, leaning against the wall as he stared at Derek who hung his head low.

"What else do you know that you've kept from me?" Derek questioned while sending a glare at his strongest warrior.

"All I know is that they're in Jacksonville and Azalea needs you but won't admit it. I got us two plane tickets and we leave at seven. Pack a bag for a few days because you and her are having a few days alone away from the pack and community."

With that Christian left Derek alone. The Alpha let out a shaky breath, leaning back into his couch as he thought of being with Azalea again. Of course he was ready to go get her and be with her. But he was also anxious. Would she be mad at him for coming for her? Would she even want to come back with him? The biggest question is, would she want to still be with him?