54

LIV

LIV. STEP TOWARD FOREVER

derek hale |

DEREK FELT SUCCESS AS HE AND MEMBERS OF HIS PACK WALKED THROUGH THE WOODS. declan walked alongside derek, the two of them watching the three captured vampires carefully to make sure they didn't attempt anything. finally it was a good step in the right direction in taking care of this situation. this meant he was getting closer to starting his plan and beginning a desperately needed new chapter in his life.

"look, i know it wasn't so easy to trust me at first and i don't blame you. but i meant it when i said i wanted no issues or a war, and all i wanted was peace." declan began a conversation with derek, taking a quick glance at the alpha.

"i still don't trust you, and most likely will never. i could see you wanted this to end and that's why we're here. as soon as you take care of them and we get the treaty in place, you are to be gone from my territory." derek told him in a serious tone, making sure declan knew he held all the power and authority.

declan nodded, "i understand. i apologize for everything they've done."

derek remained silent, having nothing else to say. he was too intent on getting back to his territory and locking away these disgusting vampires in the cells where they will meet their demise. then he was going to see azalea like he promised before allowing her to enjoy her girls night with lydia and allison.

"you know i quite envy you, derek." declan broke the silence.

derek have him a questioning look, "how so?"

"the way you built your community and pack, how you formed connections and alliances with many packs across the country... how you fight to keep everyone safe." declan told him, giving him a small grin. "you've done everything i wish i could do or could have."

"it's not like you can't do it." the alpha tried to reason.

declan just shook his head, "a lot of you are often born with the wolf gene, no one is ever born with this vampire gene which is why it's labeled as a curse. a lot are given a choice and refuse. once you're a vampire, there's no way out. you're frozen for life."

derek was astonished by everything he was being told. there really was a lot more to the supernatural world than he thought. a lot he didn't know and a lot that were just myths. maybe he could form an alliance with him. he could be unstoppable with a clan of vampires as an alliance. the amount of power he would have...

"if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" derek asked.

"how old do i look?" the vampire challenged with a smirk causing derek to chuckle lightly.