56

LVI

LVI. A WISE ADVICE

derek hale |

DEREK SAT IN THE BACK SEAT OF ONE OF SHAWN'S PATROL CARS, BEING DRIVEN TO HIS ALLIES TERRITORY. azalea had her head resting on his shoulder as she slept contently, her hand tightly holding onto his. he kept her impossibly close to him to ease how strong and high his primal instincts currently were. his wolf was irritated feel like he couldn't ever get what he most wanted. all he wanted was to take the time with azalea to adjust to the heightened emotions and senses of marking her. but here he was, dealing with this stupid mess instead of taking care of his girl.

derek noticed her waking up, his thumb rubbing over the back of her knuckles. the small smile he got when her eyes met his quickly faded when she gave him a glare. he furrowed his eyebrows when the irritation started quickly building again.

"what?" he asked her quietly.

she frowned, "i just feel really irritated, like for no reason."

"sorry baby. it's me, i just don't want to be dealing with this right now." he gave her a sheepish grin, forcing his wolf to relax so she could be at ease.

"this is gonna take a lot of time to get used to." she chuckled letting out a deep breath and snuggling further into him again.

"i know but i promise as soon as this is dealt with and lucy, everything will be better for good." he promised her, leaning down to kiss her lips lazily. she sighed in content wrapping his arm further around her and taking an inhale of his scent.

when they arrived to the house they stayed in before, azalea wasted no time in grabbing her bags and headed inside while leaving derek. he shook his head, grabbing his bags as well before turning to face shawn who chuckled at him.

"in the dog house i see." he teased his smirk widening when derek sent him a nasty glare.

"it's not that. i finally marked her and we aren't getting the time we need to adjust to everything. so she's irritated because i'm irritated." derek explained to him, pushing past him to walk into the house but he was stopped again.

"everything is happening at four, then once everything is done and we out the treaty in place we're going to have a small dinner to celebrate this win." shawn explained his plan to derek. 

derek eyed him with raised eyebrows, "i was thinking as soon as they're dead and the treaty is signed, i go back home and deal with the lucy situation."

"listen man, you've been stressing non stop for as long as i can remember. for once just take a breather and enjoy free time when you get it. besides, my grandmother insisted you stay for dinner and she's someone you can't say no to."