36

xxxvi

xxxvi. HOME

Derek Hale |

CARRYING HIS SLEEPING MATE IN HIS ARMS, DEREK ENTERED HIS BEDROOM AND GENTLY LAID HER DOWN ON HIS SIDE OF THE BED. He tucked her underneath the comforters and left a kiss on her forehead before exiting the room quietly. The two had just gotten back to the community and Azalea ended up falling asleep on the way back from the airport. No one knew of the couples arrival to the community as Derek didn't want to jump into preparations for the Council coming soon.

Derek was extremely excited and over the moon with Azalea's decision to come back home. Her not wanting to come home originally made him incredibly uneasy and on edge. But then she changed her mind. She wanted to come back him with him. He was going to do everything he could to make her happy in the community. Even if it meant his pack wouldn't get a Luna just yet. The only thing had to do is find a way to convince the Council to allow her to be free from being Luna until she was ready. He couldn't risk losing her.

Knowing he wasn't ready to sleep, Derek decided to just unpack their bags quietly so he wouldn't wake her. When he looked at the time he saw it was nearing two in the morning. Since there wasn't anything else he could do he climbed into bed beside Azalea under the covers, being careful enough so his movements didn't wake her.

Instinctively she turned around and curled into him, her arm draping around his torso. She buried her face into his side as her tense muscles relaxed. His heart fluttered when she tightened her grip on him, tangling her legs with his. He couldn't help the smile forming on his face from her affection in her sleeping state.

He kissed her forehead while beginning to play with the ends of her hair. She started to stir slightly with her nose scrunching before her eyes opened and met with his warm green ones. She gave a tired smile, "We're home?"

"We are. You fell asleep on the way here so I carried you in and unpacked." He told her, continuing to twirl the ends of her hair between his fingertips.

She sighed in content, cuddling closer into him. "Any pack duties you need to tend to for tomorrow?"

"Just a quick meeting to prepare for The Council. Nothing that'll keep me away from you for the whole day." He answered as he rested his cheek on her temple, feeling his wolf purr when she began tracing patterns into his chest.

"Do I really have to meet them?" She asked quietly.

"Yes but I'll be with you the entire time. I promise." He tried to assure her but the quick tick in her heart made him feel bad. "Baby they'll only be here for three days. Just so they can oversee the community and throw us the ceremony."