As 2 o'clock rolled around everyone began to arrive to the party. The first one to arrive was Abby, followed by Selena,  then Blake, then Tree. However, Tree brought her husband Steve with her. This is highly unusual as he normally is in LA with John. I just ignore this as I was in the process of finishing up the preparations and getting everything sorted out and ready.  After, everyone arrived and we started eating food my phone started ringing from the other room. I just ignored it and keep with the festivities. Soon after that however, Steve had to step out for a minute to take a call. 

After a few minutes, he came back in and smiled as if he has a surprise coming. Tree saw and sent a questioning look to when he zipped his lips as to not to ruin the surprise. Soon after this everyone was diving into the party in full swing. After everyone ate, we moved to the kitchen and sung Happy Birthday  to Emmy. After which I placed her smash cake in front of her to which she dived into.  We were laughing and joking for a few minutes when there was a knock at the door. 

"Mom will you see who is at the door?" 

"Yeah honey, I got it." She said heading towards the door while I was cleaning up some of the mess in the living room.  

"Umm... Taylor?! You are needed at the front door," my mom yells from the front door.  

"Coming!" I yell back laughing at Abby spilling her drink all over herself. 

I quickly run to the door and see mom, "What seems to be the problem?"

"Umm.. you seem to have a visitor."

I tilt my head to the side because I was not expecting any more visitors and look past her. I freeze for a moment before regaining my composure. I quickly walk closer to the door.

"Hey John how are you doing?" I asked nervously looking around behind me. 

"I'm good, I was in town and thought we could hang out. I tried to call, but you didn't pick up." 

"Oh, you see I was cleaning up my house."

"I see that, can I come in?"

"Umm... well... I am not ready fro guests at the moment." I state trying to get him to leave as not to reveal the secret that I have been holding. However at this moment, both Tree and Steve step out to head home after the party. 

"No visitors?" He asks raising his eye brows.

"Umm.. They were here to--"

"Oh, it seems my surprise arrived," Steve states smiling at us. 

Tree gasps at this statement, "Steve you should have told me."

"But it was a surprise," Steve replied with a face that simply said 'what did I do?'.

Tree face palms and sighs, "Sorry Taylor, call me if you need me." She starts to yank Steve away from me towards the elevator. That last thing I heard her yelling at Steve was, "Can you not be so oblivious?!"

"So can I come in?" John continues to ask. 

"Actually... Let's go out," I say to avoid him from entering.

"Umm.. okay, but are you going out in that?" He asks point at my outfit, covered in icing, flour, sugar, and even an apron. 

"Good point let me change, I'll be right back." I quickly respond trying to close the door and turn away. He stops this motion, however, by putting his foot in the door. 

"Can't I wait inside, this hallway is very cramped and waiting here is awkward?"

"No. It'll just take a minute." I quickly deny and try to close the door again.