False Friends!!

Now with Guy and the cowardly merchant Merlinus joining the party, you guys set off for Laus.

Laus is located in the heart of Lycia, a territory ruled by the power-hungry marquess of Laus, Lord Darin. Preparations for the war of which the Pheraen magistrate spoke... The disappearance of Eliwood's father, Elbert... The death of Marquess Santaruz... Do these all revolve around Lord Darin?

Darin(The power hungry Marquess of Laus! He is Erik's Father, and is actually a member of the Black Fang!)

Darin: You're sure that Eliwood is coming?

Erik: Yes, Father. We've just received word from our lookouts. He's still beyond that hill, but he'll be here before long.

A man in a hood then appears.

Ephidel (An ally of the Black Fang! He is Helman's killer! Voiced by Ray Chase!)

Darin: Lord Ephidel, what's going on?

Ephidel: Perhaps when they reached Santaruz Castle, Lord Helman was still clinging to life.

Darin: You cannot be serious!

Ephidel: He must have told them something.

Darin: Our plan was for nothing?!

Ephidel: No need to be so alarmed, my lord. Even if he told young Eliwood something of our schemes, Pherae no longer has any power. All Eliwood could do is perhaps inform Marquess Ostia.

Darin: Ostia?! That would be ruinous! Lord Uther may be young and new to the throne, but he's dangerous. That addlepated Helman! He was a coward to the end! To betray us now, when we're so close...We only need a little more time to complete our plans for rebellion!

Ephidel: Then before Marquess Ostia becomes aware of any of this, you would do well to stop them here.

Darin: Yes, you're right, of course. We do have a chance! They have to pass through Laus to get to Ostia. We can still silence them!

Erik: I will take command Father! That clod Eliwood and I studied together in Ostia. He's a trusting fool. If he sees me, he'll lower his guard. And when he does, we strike!