Chapter 84

Delilah, my beautiful girl, was happily showing me how she manages her book store

Delilah, my beautiful girl, was happily showing me how she manages her book store. I won't tell her I came here already. If she's happy, then I'm happy.

"Do you like it?" She looked at me nervously, my opinion shouldn't matter to her, as long as she's happy. "I love it. I'm so proud of you baby." She smiled so brightly and formally introduced me to Nadia. I had a background check in her when I saw her working here.

She's good a few speeding tickets, but it's okay as long as Delilah doesn't get in her car. "Delilah! Your brother is a pain in the ass." I heard a man yell at her and I swear I got whiplash when I turned to the person who raised her voice at her.

"Gio! Cynthia!" She ran up to them and I glared at Genovese, whatever his name was. I looked at Delilah look so happy talking to Giana . my wonderful girl, truly grew out of her shell. She no longer runs away when there's a crowd of people, she starts conversations now, and she's not afraid to voice her thoughts anymore.

I'm really proud of her. "Are you okay?" I looked at Cynthia who was quiet, awfully quiet. I looked at her clutching her side. "I'm okay, just period cramps." I nod knowing how Delilah gets on her period.

"Nadia how are you babes" I tuned Cynthia and Nadia out and got annoyed at the facts genesis was taking Delilah's time away from me. I walked up to them and grabbed Delilah's hand. Nodding at George. I don't think that's his name either

"I honestly think Nadia and Alessandro are dating. Elijah told me he heard them on the phone like a 2 am. And then I was at the mall buying Elijah a birthday gift and I saw Alessandro and Nadia holding hands. Delilah your their sister how do you not know."

Oh this is interesting I think I'll stay and listen. "I tried and he gets all defensive about it. No and this guy was hitting on her during work and Alessandro happened to walk in at the exact time he handed Nadia his phone number. Gio! He snatched the paper from her hand ripped it in pieces and then left the store."

Damn, sounds like something I would do. Is this what girls gossip sound like.

"You guys, I'm his girlfriend." We all Flinched and jumped away. "Don't sneak up on someone like that." Nadia smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "We like to keep it private." Delilah squealed and hugged Nadia. Giovanni and Cynthia screaming they knew it while pointing at Nadia.

I'm bored, Delilah looks so beautiful.

I walked around and looked at the books she had in the store, I was reading some books when I felt a tug on my on my pants. I looked down to see a little girl, holding up a children's book. "Reed, dad." I looked around in search for this little girl's parents. What the hell.

"Dad." Fuck no, "I'm not your dad." She pouted and before I knew it she began crying. I panicked and picked her up. "Shh, shh. It's ok Moya lyubov. I'll read the book, don't cry malysh." I rocked her on my hip and went to the children section and sat down to read her the book.

The little girl fell asleep on me, I got up carefully and walked around looking for Delilah. When I turned the corner I saw her consoling a crying mother, this must be her kid. When I approached her the girl woke up. When she saw her mom she cried clutching on to me. "No dada!"

"Ella that's not your dad. come to momma." The girl looked at me and my heart broke I handed the mother her baby and she apologized as Ella tried getting away from her. "What's your name?" I asked the woman. She looked off and no normal child would cry like this.

"Anne chesterfield. Nice to meet you I'm sorry for this inconvenience. She thinks everyone's her dad, I'm so sorry. her dad left us when she was born she turns one tomorrow, I came to buy her an early birthday gift." I nod and looked at the little girl who looked at her with fear. Delilah's hand clutched mine, as the woman left the store.

"I feel so bad." I heard Delilah whisper as the little girl tried her best to not leave the building. "Dada!" I feel like crying. Her cries were gut wrenching.

They finally left the store and I turned to Delilah who looked worried. "Del? It's okay she's just a little upset." She shook her head in denial and went to the exit. "Nik, I have this gut feeling that little girl is in danger."

So did I.