Chapter 45

I get ready for the day

I get ready for the day. I'm so glad we're on thanksgiving break. I get to sleep in. I shower and get nova ready for her morning walk.

I exit my house and start going for my walk. It's already starting to snow just a little and the days are getting colder. I love the cold but hate being cold if that makes sense.

I enter the town and head for the bakery. I pick nova up and head to buy my muffin and my coffee. I pay and leave a tip and head out placing nova on the floor again.

I'm walking by when I see a man staring at me. I quickly avert my eyes and walk a little faster. I'm still not trusting towards other people, my therapist says it's fine and I'm working on it. I turn around to see him following me.

I don't know if it's in my head. Men scare me, I really don't trust them at all. I can't help thinking they have other intentions. "Hey pretty girl!" I ignore and walk even faster. I feel a tug on my sweater and was yanked back.

"I was talking to you, a woman always has to answer a man." He was caressing my face and I felt disgusted. No not again please. I poked his eyes and socked him with my elbow just how Nikolai taught me. Nova was barking furiously and I grabbed her leash nd started running.

I didn't know I was crying until I stopped to get a hold of my breath. I turn to see the man walking angry towards me.

I start running and turn the Corner I bump into someone and rush out apologies. I was beginning to become frantic, on the verge of a panic attack. "Delilah?" I stop and turn to the familiar voice.

"Hey what's wrong, why do you look so scared?" I look at Aleksandr who looks at me with a worried expression. I grab his arm and hug him. I feel safe now I have someone I trust. I look to see the man stop and walk away I sigh in relief and step away from Aleksandr.

I see Dimitri standing beside him staring at the retreating man. "Delilah what's wrong?" Aleksandr says I pick nova up needing a sense of comfort. "I'm okay, I was able to defend myself. This man was following me."

"Do you want us to drop you home?" I nodded and we all headed towards the car. "Delilah are you okay?" I whispered a yeah but couldn't help but wonder what would have happened to me if I didn't act quick.

I made small talk with the Ivanov twins. Dimitri kept looking at me from the rear view mirror. He knows I'm not okay. He starts texting on his phone and when I'm dropped off I say my thanks and head inside. As soon as I step foot into my house Nikolai calls me.

I set nova down and head to my room.I answer the call and hear Nikolai's concerned voice. "Delilah, Dimitri texted me what happened. Are you all right are you hurt? You know what im heading over." With that he hanged up.

I don't know how to feel nothing happened to me. I'm okay, perfectly fine. I head downstairs to make myself hot chocolate.

When the doorbell rings k let Nikolai inside, and I head straight towards him. I inhale his scent and bask in his warmness. He's my comfort, the person who can banish all my thoughts and bring me back to my senses.

"Are you proud of me? I used the moves you taught me. I'm a professional fighter now." He chuckles and carry's me to my room. We lay in my bed me on top of him. "So proud of you malysh"

That nickname, I learned it was baby in Russian I'm getting good at recognizing some words. He reads to me and I fall asleep like always. I woke up to him and nova cuddling together. Aww so adorable.

We have Friendsgiving today at seven it's currently five thirty. I might as well start getting ready I take for ever. Nikolai leaves to go home to get ready and will pick me up later to head over to Cynthia's. I grab the presents from my closet and place them on my bed.

I'm curling my hair and singing my heart out to some corridos. My playlist switches to Spanish and English. When I was finished it was already 6:30. I smiled at myself in the mirror, but I knew it was fake. I'm still working on getting back to the place where I was comfortable in my own skin.

Working on loving myself, my therapist said it takes time and I'm doing so much better. I'm really grateful for her. I sent her a appreciation card, she's helped me work through my nightmares and my anxiety.

I head downstairs and grab the pasta I made. And wait for Nikolai to arrive. When he gets here he looks so freaking delicious holy chocolate chips.

He's wearing a black turtle neck with a gold chain. Black pants with a black coat. He was wearing all black but it matched well, he looked so handsome.

"We'll don't you look so handsome. Aww I want to squeeze you to death. My handsome man." I look up at him to see him blush a little. I gasp and smile. "Did I just make Nikolai Mikhailov blush? Omg you so aree." I coulohelp but giggle as I teased him. He started mumbling in Russian.

Hopefully nothing bad, or I'll cry myself to sleep. "Oh I'm so telling you dad about this." He scoffs and we exit my house. He opened the door for me and we stayed in comfortable silence. I was playing with his rings on his hand.

I'm grateful for him, he saved me.

AN: I'm literally dying. I'm sick and currently home alone. This flu is no joke. Sorry for being away for so long. I've been going through it. More chapters coming soon.