Chapter 92

We pulled up to the hospital, her mother was already there watching her colleagues take her daughter in

She paled and began crying when she saw Delilah. "Fatal stab wound, possible abdominal trauma we need to get her to surgery she's loosing too much blood." The doctors shouted while looking and touching her to stop the blood.

The image of the knife lodged into her wouldn't disappear from my head. "What happened!" Her mother yelled at me, I flinched at the sudden noise. "I couldn't protect her, we couldn't get to her on time I'm sorry, I'm sorry.she's dying because of me. I'm so sorry."

Her mother hugged me and I couldn't stop my hands from shaking. They were still red from her blood. Her blood.

Aleksandr and Dimitri sat quietly in the waiting room, it felt like we were waiting for an eternity. I had managed to somewhat calm down, but I couldn't stop remembering how her lifeless body felt in my arms.

We all sat in the waiting room for hours and no doctors would tell us if she was okay. Her whole family was here in the waiting room. Her brothers for once were quiet. Cynthia for once was crying and Elijah couldn't stop crying as he hugged his mother.

"Is this the family of Delilah Morecelli?" A doctor spoke up. "I'm her husband." She took off her surgical cap and sighed. "Is she alright?" I immediately asked. "She suffered abdominal trauma, which is why the bleeding was so intense. We struggled to stop the bleeding. And We lost her at one point, But we managed to bring her back."

"She's alright for the moment but still in critical condition. She's being transferred to a room right now she won't be waking up anytime soon as she suffered head trauma as well. Sir I'm so sorry but the baby didn't make it. for now I suggest you go home and get some rest."

I'm sorry what? We were expecting a child? Our baby. It's all my fault, oh god she's going to be heart broken. I turned to look at everyone, but they all looked at me with pity. I hate it. I hate hospitals and I hate how her blood is all over my hands and clothes. She shouldn't be hurt in the first place.

I can't be in here, "I'll be back I jus... I need some air." I walked out the hospital and realized it was raining. Our child, we were going to have a baby. I sat down on the cold cement hoping it would cool me down as the rain fell on my face.

I couldn't stop thinking how her eyes dimmed when she got stabbed. My Delilah, my fucking reason for living and I almost lost her.

I got up and went back inside, every one looking at me with pity, I fucking hated it. I sat down next to Aleksandr, who honestly looked shaken up. "You alright?" I asked the twins who looked pale. "I almost lost my only sister I'm still trying to process things." Aleksandr spoke up while looking at nothing.

"I couldn't get a clear shot I would have hit her as well Nikolai I swear I tried. I'm so sorry, she wouldn't be here if I just got.." I cut Dimitri off and hugged him.

I know The amount of guilt Dimi Carries on himself he will eventually, especially since he adores Delilah. They have a bond I don't quite understand.

I can't have that, it's not his fault. "It's no one's fault alright? Do we all understand that." They hesitated but eventually nodded. I knew it would take time to convince themselves. Delilah means the world to them, she's the only daughter in the family.

Her brothers got up and looked at me. I thought they would come over and say something but they just left.

Everyone left to get some needed rest, but I stayed here. Arielle was with my parents she has no clue of what happened yet. When it was just me I sat there, waiting for her to wake up.

"Sir? Mr. Mikhailov?" I flinched awake and glared at the person who woke me up. It was a nurse with a blanket. "Sir, your wife Delilah she's not awake yet but she's clear for visitors now. Would you want to go in?"

I looked at my phone and realized I slept through the whole night and it was now nine in the morning. I got up and followed the nurse and entered Delilah's room.

When I entered It was like being punched in the gut. She was hooked up to All these monitors, she looked pale and lifeless the only thing showing me she was alive was the heart monitor.

"She hasn't woken up yet but I'll give you some space." The nurse left and it was just me in the room with the love of my life.

"Hi baby, you have to wake up for me please. Please come back to me I'm miserable with out you malysh." I grabbed her cold hand and placed a kiss on her knuckles not being able to stop the tears from falling.

God I feel so helpless, I sat there staring at her sleeping, eventually I got up to go home. Making sure bodyguards were at her door.

I went to my parents house and was greeted by a tearful Katerina. My sister pulled me Into a hug and I couldn't help but cry into her shoulder. "It's okay Nik, she's strong she'll wake up soon. Don't cry brother."

I walked more into my parents home. And see Arielle with my dad. I immediately walked over to her and just held her in my arms. "Dad where's mommy?" She said looking around the room for her.

"Ari, baby your mom got into an accident and she's in the hospital but she'll be home soon okay?" She looked at me confused but slowly nodded. I spent the night at my parents in my old room.

The next day I went back to the hospital hoping she'd be awake but she wasn't. She was still asleep. I sat in the room for hours just watching her and hoping she'd open those eyes of hers. I would repeat this cycle for a week, and my Delilah still wouldn't wake up.

By the second week I began to panic when she still wouldn't wake. I stopped visiting the hospital and just sat in my room all day. I can't do anything to help her and it's killing me.

I went to go visit her again, but when I got to her room Dimitri was in there holding her hand. "Delilah I'll give you nova back if you just wake up please. I'll even stop picking on you. Please Nikolai needs you." I swear on my life her finger twitched.

"Did you see that?" I said stepping into the room making Dimitri flinch. "Her finger twitched, it's been twitching the doctor said it's normal." My hopes of her waking up today went down.

Dimitri got up to leave to give me time with her. "Delilah, you need to wake up please. I miss hearing your laughter around the house and coming home to you. Please."

Her hand squeezed mine and I gasped as her head moved, "del?" Her eyes opened but closed immediately. I got up to dim the lights down, stupid fucking overly bright hospital lights.

"Baby can you hear me?" She opened her eyes and looked at me. I let out a breathless laugh as I kissed her forehead.

"Who are you?" Three words that made my heart drop.