Chapter 78

He thought I cheated on him, thought I moved on so quickly from him

He thought I cheated on him, thought I moved on so quickly from him. Well fuck him. I'm so livid right now, I would figure he would have some trust in me after all we went through together. He ruined our relationship instead of communicating with me.

"Delilah please let me fix us." I shook my head and threaded my hands through my hair. Fuck him, fuck everything and everyone. I started walking away from him. I walked to the bathroom knowing I looked a mess, I can't face everyone like this.

I heard him following me from behind. I looked behind me and slammed the door in his face. Deep down I'm hurting, I'm hurting so bad. He entered the bathroom and locked the door. I looked at myself in the mirror and broke down crying at how bad I looked.

"You left me!" I turned to look at him and see him crying. My Nikolai is crying, I've never seen him cry ever. "Delilah...I'm really sorry please believe me. I didn't know.. please." He reached me and wiped my tears with his fingers and hugged me to his chest.

"You were an asshole, you said things that hurt me Nikolai. You hurt me, you promised you would never leave me, and you did." He shook while cradling my head.

"And I hate myself for it malyshka. But please don't give up on us Delilah, we're not done yet." I looked at him and nodded my head. I took a deep breath and faced the mirror. I grabbed my purse I put in one of the cabinets, and took out some of my makeup wipes.

He took it from me and began to clean my mascara up. The way he touched me carefully, like if I was glass made me want to cry even more. "Delilah believe me when I tell you, I was manipulated into thinking you didn't want me anymore. That place fucked me up."

For the first time since he got back I looked at him closely. He had a Tiny scar on top of his lip, he had another one going down his eyebrow, his hands were littered with scars.

"Nikolai can you take off your shirt?" He looked confused and shook his head. "Please." I need to see him fully, he unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it off. I gasped at what I saw and immediately began crying. He was tortured. The side of his ribs looked burned, his chest had long scars and stopped where his heart was. I walked around him, and saw whip marks.

"You lied to me. Why would you say you loved that place Nik. You were suffering and I could have done something sooner. Do you know how selfish you were keeping Dimitri and Aleksandr there?" He looked at me through the mirror.

Tears were falling down his face and I felt my heart clench at seeing him like this. "Yea well, we both know you can't handle the truth sometimes." He buttoned his shirt back up and walked out the restroom leaving me stunned and hurt.

I don't know where me and Nikolai stand anymore, maybe we just weren't meant to be. Maybe we needed this, we've been attached to each other since our childhood sometimes attachment can be unhealthy. I fixed my makeup and exited to restroom.

I bumped into Katerina by accident and she smiled at me about to say something but I walked away from her. I'm done with him and his family, no matter how much it pains me. I saw Katerina point at me while crying to her dad. He can shoot me for making his daughter cry I don't fucking care anymore.

I go sit next to Dimitri who looks at me closely. "We're done for good dimi, can you take me home please." He squeezed my hand and we got up to say our goodbyes to our parents. One thing I love about Dimitri no matter how brooding he is, we have an understanding where we don't have to speak to each other to know how we're feeling.

We can be alone in a room not doing anything and still find comfort in being in each other's presence. I never thought me and Dimitri were so similar. He lead me to the car and put my stuff in the back, and he drove us to his house.

I now had a room in the Ivanov's house, I stayed there way to many times that they built me a room as a surprise. Ronan and Aleksandr were so happy to show me my room, that they designed. I love them so much.

I made my way up to my room and greeted nova who met me on top of the stairs, "I think nova will give you some comfort I give you permission to keep her until midnight." Dimitri said from beside me. I looked at him, he was serious. "She was my dog first Dimitri." He glared at me and picked nova up and turned to his room. I guess I can't have nova till midnight anymore.

I walked into my room and took a shower. I laid in bed and started crying. Nikolai was the first man to ever love me unconditionally, I loved him with all my being, still love him. And still he was the second man to ever break my heart.

Dimitri came in sat in my bed and just held me while I cried. "Delilah don't cry please. You'll get sick." I was shaking and couldn't for the life of me stop crying. Why did it hurt so much, how could he just not want me anymore. No matter how long I cried not once did Dimitri leave my side.

"Dimitri it's late you don't have to be here with me, go to sleep." I tried pulling away but he had tight hold on me. "I can't sleep Delilah, no matter how hard I try I can't, I have nightmares every night, and I rather stay awake than to sleep."

Dimitri stayed all night with me, I don't know wether he slept or not, but I was exhausted from crying. Exhausted of always trying, I'm done doing that.

A/N: damn thank you so much for all the support. Love you guys.

Dimitri is such a great brother and dog owner. Comment if we want a bonus chapter from Dimitri's point of view.