Chapter 72

My dearest Delilah,

There never goes a night that I don't think of you. I've never missed a person so much in my life.

You consume me Delilah. I love the pictures you send me. It makes me feel closer to you. Training has been kicking my ass. I wish you were here with me. I've now joined the twins in their morning walks with nova. Classes are boring as hell.

I'll write soon. Love you my beautiful girl.

-love Nikolai.
Two months later
Dear Nikolai,

Hello baby, I've been great these days. I've now opened up a new bookstore. I couldn't handle the thought of selling our books. I couldn't have done it with out Ronans help though.

I can't believe he's proposed, I'm so excited! I'll be the maid of honor and so is Cynthia. I've been busy with college, I'm still not backing out on saying I would be your lawyer. Katerina 6th birthday was fun she was happy. She misses you so much. Your dad misses you too, he has no one to make fun of anymore.

Nadia and Alessandro have a thing going on I can feel it. I hope they do I've seen those little glances they throw at each other. Alessandro doesn't even like reading and he comes around every once in a while, like does he not have a business to run?

Oh Ronan also gave me a new puppy his name is bear. He's so adorable. I know you'll love him.

I miss you lots, come back to me soon.

-love Delilah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My sweet Delilah,

I can't wait to see your new bookstore. The library here is huge I know you would have loved it although the books are quite boring. I prefer your books and reading to you instead.

Bear sounds adorable nova spends her time sleeping around and taking walks. I love you Delilah I don't have much to say, other than I miss you take care malyshka. I promise to come back soon.

-love Nikolai.
Five months later

My sweet Delilah,

I received the pictures you sent. You're beautiful. Don't stress too much over school. I don't want you getting sick. I'm going to be gone for a while, I won't be able to write to you.

But just know I miss you, I miss you so much I feel sick to my stomach not being able to hear your voice. Or see that beautiful smile of yours that I fell so in love with.

-love Nikolai

Nine months later

Dear Delilah,

Delilah I need to send nova back this place isn't one for pets I can't take care of her anymore. Our dad is having someone fly her out. I promise I did the best I could in taking care of her.

Hell I got beat for nova, I was selfish for even bringing her here, this place is horrible Delilah. Nothing has been done to her I promise. But they've taken away my resources to take care of her and I don't want her to die out here.

You'll be reunited with her, but I'm taking her back once I return for good.

-Dimitri
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Nikolai,

I haven't heard from you in a while. Nikolai are you okay, we've been receiving letters from the guys. I know you lied to me now, you're not okay.

Nik, I had a dream you were in trouble. You were Calling out to me. Nikolai please write back I'm getting worried.

- love Delilah.

Shoot! Gunshots rang

Shoot!
Gunshots rang.
Shoot!
More continued.

I can't keep running. I was carrying aleksandr who got shot in the leg. This place is designed to kill us not train us. I've seen kids die everyday, only the ones who survive are fit to be leaders. That's their motto here.

Keep running Nikolai, just one more year. Keep running.

My vision is blurring, I look to my right to see Dimitri gasping for air, hunched over. We all huddled up together, trying to warm up.

"I want to go home, this place is.." Dimitri says gasping for air. He's having a panic attack. "Dimitri calm down.breath, focus on what you see." Aleksandr says while clutching his brothers arm.

"I see the.. snow.. you.. the Moon." He starts getting breaths in and eventually calms down. My arm burns. They trapped us in a burning building, having to find our way out. My arms, and chest are full of scars. We've been running In the woods for hours. I'm lost.

We can't show any weaknesses around here. I was afraid they might have shot nova. But Dimitri was quick to shoot the guards. He's sent her back, she should be home to Delilah in no time. Aleksandr has been having nightmares every night causing him to get insomnia. Aleksandr loves sleeping, seeing his dark eye bags and constant jittering hurts.

Seeing your best friends suffering and changing hurts.

We all sleep together now, we're anxious and paranoid of them doing something to us.

We have to get out.

A/N: damn it's getting tough. :)