Chapter 79

I'm not done with Delilah, I don't think I can ever let her go

I'm not done with Delilah, I don't think I can ever let her go. But at the moment we need space. And I'm sure as fuck leaving.

It hurts me knowing I caused her so much pain, how my fucking words hurt her. I carried Katerina into her room even though at her grown age she could walk. But who am I to deny anything to my little sister.

I've never seen her so upset at the fact that Delilah ignored her presence, and it's all my fault.

"You fucked up Nikolai, I don't know what the fuck you're thinking but I want my daughter in law again in this house, and it will only be Delilah." My mother said with her arms crossed, my father behind her, playing with a strand of her hair.

I hated them at the moment. "I fucked up?" I raised my voice at my mother only for my dad to give me a deadly stare, fuck both of them.

"Both of you sent me to that place. Do you know what they did to me there? They whipped me, drowned me, they fucking burned me. They tortured me just so I'd leave her. Not once did you guys write to me. I'm your fucking son! I sent countless of letters and waited for you guys to respond, you never did!"

I was breathing frantically trying to calm down, but I felt my chest tighten, I was panicking. "Malysh" my mom came over crying and begged me to breathe, but I couldn't for the life of me inhale oxygen. I let out a strangled noise of panic. My dad cradled my head and started whispering reassuring words trying to calm down.

After what felt like an eternity I was finally able to breathe. I stayed in my mothers embrace. I always knew what to do in my life, but right now I felt like everything was falling apart around me. I lost the love of my life. I felt like I didn't even know who or what I'm supposed to be.

I expected to come back and still be that teenage boy, take my beautiful girl on dates again. To go and hangout with my friends. But instead I'm constantly paranoid, waking up at the tiniest sound, and lashing out at my family.

"Why didn't you write me back?" I couldn't stop the tears from falling down. My dad hugged me tighter and started repeating sorry constantly. "I didn't know, I'm so sorry my son. My sweet Nikolai, I never received your letters, I wrote constantly but never received your letters. The only way I heard about you was from Delilah. And when she came to me pleading to take you out that place, I did exactly that. I never wanted you in pain Nikolai, your pain is also mine my son. Forgive me, forgive me for sending you to that place. Forgive me for the pain you endured."

My father began crying as he cradled my head to his chest like he did when I was a child. "I'm burning that place down." I whispered my dad agreeing. my mother was looking at my scars all over my back. Her eyes filled with tears, I felt disgusted even looking at myself.

So when Delilah called me selfish I snapped, and walked away from her, of course she wouldn't want someone who's tainted.  "Mom please stop looking at it." She pulled my shirt down and hugged me to her chest. I fell asleep with my head in my mothers chest and her hugging me tightly as if I would disappear. Oh how I wish I was still a kid

I don't want to be here anymore. I'm really fucking tired. The next morning I packed my shit and left to Russia.
——————————————————
Nikolai: I came back to Russia take care of Delilah for me.

Aleksandr: wtf? Why would you go back with out us. Are you fucking crazy.

Dimitri: idiot.

Nikolai: I'll be safe.

Dimitri: let me know if you need help.
——————————————————