Chapter 53

Delilah

Winter break is over sadly. I pulled up to the place I hate the most, school. I headed inside and I already wanted to go home. I quickly went to get my new schedule and headed over to where the group meets up every morning.

Fourth months left and everything I've known is over. Four years of knowing the same people and leaving without a clue where we might end up is crazy, but that's life.

When I see Cynthia sitting down on a bench looking at her schedule I rush over to her to compare them. We squealed when we realized we had practically the same classes together. When the rest came it was too coincidental we all had the same classes.

Except Dimitri who had advanced math and art class. I looked at Nikolai suspiciously to which he shrugged his shoulders innocently. He was probably the one who did this.

By lunch time we had all agreed we have senioritis and we're so over the school year. Having classes together was the only good thing. After school I went home and cuddled up with nova. It's snowing and it's too cold to take her on walks so cuddles will have to do it.

The days went by quick and before I know it it was Saturday. I was babysitting Katerina as Nikolai's family had to take care of some business him included sadly. We're currently playing princess her being the queen. "Bow down to me you peasants" Katerina said to her stuffed animals . She laughed evilly, sometimes kids creep me out.

"I'm hungry should we eat?" she said taking her crown off. I stood up and carried her on my hip we were going downstairs when the lights went out. Katerina whimpered and snuggled her face in the crook of my neck. "It's ok kat, we're ok" I started heading upstairs because to be honest I'm shitting bricks.

I heard a window break and I ran lightly into Nikolai's room. I tried calling him but it went to voice mail. "Ok kat, we're going to be really quiet can you do that?" She nodded with tears in her eyes.

I herd trashing around and footsteps. They're robbing the house.

Seriously the one time I agree to babysit this happens.

I look into Nikolai's drawers trying to feel for any weapons. Nothing. I ran into his closet dragging Katerina with me, I'm going to have an anxiety attack any moment.

I looked around Nikolai's closet seeing a small door in the wall barely noticeable his jackets covered it. I moved his jackets and see the lock for it. "Katerina do you know where the key to this door is" she nodded and lifted the rug from the floor. I ran out the closet to lock to room door and put a chair under the door knob.

Foot steps were making their way to the room, and I quickly looked out his window it was a too high of jump. I go back into the closet and see Katerina had the key and was trying to reach the lock. I take it from her and opened the door. It was a safe room I quickly rushed Katerina into the room turning the lights on.

"Ok kat stay quiet okay I promise you'll be safe here okay. I'll be outside I'll knock two times then count to five and I'll knock again. Do not answer if it it's not In that order okay." She nodded her head and I gave her a tight hug and a smile that didn't reach my eyes. "Please come back for me" she whispered with tears and I closed the door.

I tried calling Mr. Mikhailov, please please answer. When I heard his voice I sighed in relief tears instantly watering my eyes. "Delilah is everything okay?" I was about to answer when they stormed into the room. "Someone's in the house." I whispered.

I grabbed the gun I found in one of Nikolai's jackets and hid in between Nikolai's clothes. "I'm on my way don't hang up." I couldn't help the tears from falling. I'm so scared. "Someone's in here" my eyes widened when they started moving the clothes around, they're going to find the lock.

Katerina was all that matters right now to me.

I tucked the gun into my back side and made a noise before they saw the lock. They yanked me by my arm making me scream in fear from the sudden touch. "Look who we have here the young Mikhailovs girlfriend. One more to go. Where's Katerina Mikhailov?"

Silence I didn't answer. I looked at them and ignored them. They yanked me to my feet and one of them smacked my face. "Where's Katerina." I cupped my cheek and looked at them. "Go to hell you fucking assholes." Maybe that wasn't the best choice of language as they were heading my way.

"Go downstairs and look for the girl." One of them ordered. The second man went downstairs.

I ran but they yanked me down straddling me, no get off get off. "Get off of me" the man looked at me with a nasty smile making me shiver in disgust. He leaned down and inhaled my scent trailing his hands down my sides. "Get off don't touch me!" I yelled trying to get out. I can't let it happen again.

I cried in disgust, before he got any further I shot him twice. I wouldn't let it happen again. The body went limp on top of me and I panicked.

I was covered in blood. I breathed in heavily and moved the body of of me, It laid there I killed him. What have I done. I've never killed a person,  foot steps came into the room and I raised the gun my vision was blurry with tears.

I can't breathe, why can't I breathe. "Delilah you're safe put it down." I sighed in relief and fell down crying when I heard that familiar voice blood coated my hands and I looked up at Nikolai and his dad who were staring at me in shock.

"Oh my God Delilah. Where's Katerina Delilah?" I looked at Ms. Mikhailov who's voice shook when she spoke. I got up on shaky legs and headed to the closet. I grabbed the key from my bra and tried putting it through but my hands were shaking to much. Hands I found comfort in took it from me and twisted the key.

I did the pattern knock "Delilah? Is that you" I heard ms. Mikhailov cry in relief and she came to hug me but I flinched back. I don't want to be touched. "Katerina close your eyes okay" I opened the door and see her closing her eyes.

Her dad lifted her up and carried her away. Nikolai carried me into his restroom and looked at me with worry. He was speaking to me but I couldn't hear him. I couldn't stop looking at my hands. So much blood in a person.

I'm sorry, what did I do, so much blood, get it off.

AN: crazy. long chapter, the drama is beginning.