Chapter 54

I was busy in a meeting with an important business partner of my dad

I was busy in a meeting with an important business partner of my dad. I don't know why I have to be here, I rather take care of Katerina than be here bored out of my mind.

By the time the meeting was over I was happy to go home and get sleep. I walked to the car and checked my phone to see Delilah had called me. I texted her an apology and told her I'll be home soon. I looked at my dad impatiently, only to be concerned when he looked pale and see his hands shaking.

I walked up to him only to hear Delilah crying. I grabbed the keys from his hold and heard him saying we were on our way. I started driving like my life depended on it. Fuck if anything happens to them I don't think I'll be sane.

Hearing her getting hit was like a knife to my chest, my hands were itching to strangle someone. It was quite until I heard her yelling fuck, if it happens to her again I don't think she'll get through it again. My sister, oh my god. I turned into our driveway and got out quickly.

Me and dad got out the car, while my mom waited with guards in the car. By the time we got there we entered the house, only to see a man trying to run away I grabbed him and knocked him out with one of moms vases. She'd probably cuss me out for it later.

When his body went limp two gunshots went off and I swear my heart dropped. No, no, please don't let it be her. I ran upstairs and looked for her, I don't know what room she's in and I'm beginning to panic. "Nikolai calm down and breathe." I ignored him and ran into my room.

I sighed in relief seeing her pointing the gun at me. The sight was disturbing and then it hit me. She killed a person, fuck. "Delilah you're safe now put it down." I said while slowly walking to her. I heard my mom run in and gasp at the scene.

Delilah was crying nonstop, she called me for help and I wasn't here again. I followed her into my closet and see she found my safe place, smart girl. When Katerina came out we carried her away and I led Delilah into my restroom.

She shouldn't have ever been in this situation let alone in my life style. I ruined her innocence, she had to do something that will traumatize her for the rest of her life. "Baby I need to clean you up, can I take off your shirt." She was looking at me in confusion making me worry.

"Malyshka?" Before she fell I caught her on my arms. I panicked and checked her body for any cuts or wounds. I waved some alcohol under her nose hoping she'll wake up. She opened her eyes and I hugged her closer.

God I was so afraid she was gone. I can't live in a world where she's not in it, I refuse to

I can't stand to see her in pain it physically hurts "let's get you washed up alright" I smoothed her hair and carried her into the shower. I stripped her of her clothes and scrubbed the blood off of her. I washed her hair and made sure there wasn't a speck of blood on her beautiful skin.

"Baby" she whispered so quietly I barely heard her. "He was going to touch me if I didn't shoot him. It was self defense right? I'm not a bad person."

I nodded my head and put one of my t shirts on her. "You did the right thing malyshka. My brave girl." She got quiet and had this far away gaze in her eyes.

Like she was here physically but mentally she isn't. She's going to shut me out again. "Sunshine, I love you" she looked at me and smiled leaning into me and kissed my jaw.

I tucked her head into my neck not wanting her to see the blood everywhere. I went into one of the guest bedrooms. And tucked her in. I read to her hoping it would work and lull her to sleep. Which eventually did work

It was midnight when I woke up to see the bed empty. I sat up to see her sitting on the window sill. She looks so small and scared. She shouldn't feel like that it's all my fault

"Delilah come here" she looked at me and didn't hesitate to lay next to me. "I had a nightmare I couldn't go back to sleep, I'm sorry."

"There's nothing to apologize for baby. Put your shoes on I'm taking you somewhere." She nodded and put her shoes and sweater on. I went to the garage and got my bike. "No, I'm not getting on that death trap." I laughed at her which only made her even more mad.

"Do you trust me malyshka?" She muttered under her breath and grabbed the helmet from my hand. I put it on for her and kissed her while helping her on the bike. When I got on she flinched at the loud noise and hugged my waist tight.

I won't deny I'm enjoying this. I drove us to a hill where you can oversee the city lights. "I come here when I need to get things off my chest. I scream" she looks at me thoughtfully. "You want me to yell?" I shrugged my shoulders and sat down.

She turned to view the lights and yelled. Her scream held so much anger and pain in them I stood up to check on her. When she looked at me she started laughing and hugged me. "That felt relieving for some reason."

We stayed there her leaning on my chest while I hugged her. Delilah brings out a side of me I've never seen, her in my arms feels right I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

"Not going to lie, I'm cold and hungry." She says breaking the silence. She's always hungry it makes me laugh. I love buying her food, she always does her little dance in her seat when she sees the food.

This girl is it for me. No one will take her from me.

An: idk what this chapter was.umm I'm back and trying to post more updates plz be patient with me.

Thank you so much for all the love and support please comment more I love reading your reactions.

Love nat🤍