Chapter 35

I was walking the hallways to get to my locker while Cynthia was talking to me about having a sleepover

I was walking the hallways to get to my locker while Cynthia was talking to me about having a sleepover. When I open my locker and see notes. I was excited thinking it was Nikolai leaving me notes but I was so wrong. When I open them my heart dropped.

"Kill your self, you fucking slut"

"Whore"

"Drop the act, we all know how you spread your legs for him"

I look around to see if anyone put it here. "Del? Are you okay?" I close the notes and try not cry. "No yea I'm fine, I just zoned out for a while." She looks at me suspiciously and I throw in a smile. She drops the subject but I can feel her vibe is off.

Who could have put that note in my locker. We walk into the cafeteria and I see Nikolai sitting down. My mood brightens at seeing him. "There's that smile." Cynthia says and smiles at me.

I sat down next to Nikolai and we began talking and laughing when I feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn and see Layla. "Hey can I speak with you, alone" I was confused but got up and followed her. I looked behind me to see Cynthia standing up. I shook my head at her and she crossed her arms and hesitantly sits back down.

I follow Layla outside, she stops and turns around. She's crying, "Layla what's wrong? Why are you crying." She rubs her eyes furiously. "Oh don't act so fucking innocent Delilah we all know who you really are." I was shocked and confused. "It's your fault you took him from me you fucking bitch."

"I'm sorry took who from you?" She better not be talking about Nikolai. I'm so confused right now.

"Jackson you took him from me, you're such a fucking slut. Because of you he's dead. You and your boyfriend killed him. His parents unplugged him today. You just couldn't accept the fact that he didn't love you like he did to me huh. Couldn't accept the fact that you spread your legs open for him like the whore that you are. Face it Delilah you aren't as innocent as the girl you paint yourself to be."

I slapped her, I didn't do anything it's not my fault, it's not my fault. She shoved me hard. "I didn't do anything!" She got in my face and I shoved her back. "Are you serious right now, do you know what he did to me, what he took from me. Do you know who you're defending?" She shook her head and raised her hand to hit me.

I see a hand stop her from hitting me, Cynthia was in her face yelling at her. She twisted laylas hand making her cry out in pain. "You prefer to defend a rapist? Leave Delilah alone she never did anything wrong." She shoves Layla down on the floor. "It's not fair you get to be happy. You got someone to talk to when you're down and what did I get? My boyfriend is dead because of you. I hate you, I want you dead!" She yells at me

She's sobbing hysterically and I step back shaking my head trying not to cry. I walk away from the scene and take out my phone, immediately texting Alessandro to pick me up.

Cynthia grabs my hand and pulls me into her chest. I start crying and she rubs my back in a comforting manner. "Delilah no stop crying, you did nothing wrong." I shook my head. "I didn't kill him, I didn't deserve anything he did to me, I don't deserve this harassment from people, I was the victim not him. It's not fair." She hugs me tighter and let's go of me.

A pair of arms I recognized wrap around me, "shh, maylsh don't cry please." I relish in his warmth and try to calm down. I feel my phone vibrate and and see it's the twins. "I'm fine, I've got to go. See you later." Nikolai furrows his brows and shakes his head. "Delilah where are you going?"

I ignore everyone, I'm sorry. I just want to be alone. "Delilah" I try my hardest not to go running into his arms and forget about everything. But I can't I need to face reality no matter how much I try to run from it.

I go to the office and Elijah hugs me. We get to the car the drive home was silent. As soon as I get inside I head straight to my room locking myself inside and break down crying.

I hate how everyone paints me as the villain I did nothing but be kind. I didn't kill him, he doesn't deserve to be painted as the victim. He got praised for sleeping with me, I got sleepless nights full of nightmares. He's talked so highly of and I get shamed for something I couldn't stop from happening.

I thought I could live with the nasty glares students would give me and handle the whispers when I would pass by the hallways. Maybe everyone would be better off without me in their lives. I got into the restroom and look at myself in the mirror. I'm hideous, my face is splotchy from tears and my face puffy.

The more I look at myself the more I question my worth, I wet my face and head into my closet. I look for Nikolai's sweater, in the process of looking for it I hit a box. I look down and don't recognize the box, I bend down to open it only to freeze up. It's the clothes I was wearing that night. I put the lid back on and hide it.

I sit in my closet replaying the memories feeling numb. I hear a knock at my door. "Go away!" It was quite for a while until I hear the lock being picked. What the hell? The door opens and I stay quiet.

My closet door opens and Nikolai enters. I look away from him. She's right I don't deserve to be happy. "Look at me" I shake my head. "Delilah I won't say it again, look at me" I ignore him. He grabs my chin and moves my head in his direction. I shove his hand off of me and he looks shocked.

"I'm fine, I don't need you right now." He looks hurt. "Fine, but I'm not leaving." He deserves better, someone who's not damaged. "Go away, Nikolai I don't want to see you" he wipes the tears off my face. I flinch back and leave my closet.

I lay in my bed and ignore him the entire night. As I'm drifting to sleep I feel him hug me to his chest. "I'll always be here for you Delilah, wether you like it or not."

I don't deserve him.

AN: poor Delilah,