Chapter 37

We're back to the same place I tried so hard to get her out of, she doesn't want to be around me or anyone

We're back to the same place I tried so hard to get her out of, she doesn't want to be around me or anyone. When she was sleeping she would wake up yelling and a sweaty mess. It hurts my heart seeing her like this.

"Malysh you need to eat something." She nods her head and scoots closer to me. Progress. She slowly eats her food. I stare at her noting the bags under her eyes, she looks pale. I noticed how she tried avoiding people at school and not letting the whispers get to her.

She's so tired, tired of what they put her through. When she's done she puts her plate down and looks at me. "The day where everyone was whispering about me sleeping with him. When you couldn't look me in the face after he said we did it. Did you think about me the way everybody does. Did you think I was a slut."

I stared at her intently. "Why would you ever think that?" She had tears in her eyes. I wish I can take this pain from her I already killed him, laylas dead thanks to Cynthia, I can burn the school down, yes I can do that.

"You couldn't look at me Nikolai you looked mad at me, disgusted." I sat her on my lap and moved her hair behind her ears.

"Baby I wasn't disgusted at you I was disgusted at what he did. No man should ever force himself on a woman. I couldn't look at you because I was angry at myself for not being able to protect you. I wasn't there to help you. You shut everyone out for weeks and I didn't know you were suffering in silence. I would never think of you in any negative aspect, do you understand Delilah. Not me baby, I'm the only person you shouldn't doubt."

"When...we do intimate things you don't get grossed out or view me differently?" She sounded so insecure, it's breaking my heart.

"No baby, never that. You're the same Delilah I've known and fallen for. What he did to you does not define you. You're still my Delilah I've had a crush on since elementary. Da?"

She hugged me tight "I don't think I can live without you. You're my best fucking friend and the best boyfriend ever." I laid  down with her on my chest. "I think I need to see a therapist, it'll be good for me" She looks up at me and I nod in response. I'm so proud of her.

She was on her bed zoned out. I prepared her a bath. "Malysh come on" she gets off her bed and grabs my hand. I turn around so she can get in the water. When I turn back around she's sitting there looking at me. I begin to massage her head and she sighs in content.

"It's almost Christmas, my favorite holiday. Omg we can buy matching pjs and do Christmas dates. Like ice skating, I used to ice skate I miss it. you know what's funny I thought I saw you once at my competitions. Oh and we can do ginger bread houses and it's going to start snowing soon we can go sledding, ooh I want a puppy I really wanted that shy puppy I saw in the window. I think it got adopted I was so sad when I went the next day and it wasn't there anymore. But I hope the puppy is happy and healthy."

I smiled at my girl, loving her ranting when she gets excited I can hear her go on and on, she's slowly coming back again. I wash her off and my heart threatens to burst out with that look she gave me.

We decided on watching a movie she turned on the tv and started switching channels when the news came on.

"Breaking news, a house just blew up due to a gas leak, firefighters are trying their best to put the fire out. Unfortunately the family living there where inside when the house exploded. May Layla Rhodes a high school student who attended Blooming-field high-school and her family rest in peace."

Fuck I look at Delilah who was crying, shit. She was crying and then began laughing, I was staring at her dumbfounded what the actual fuck. She's laughing and stands up from her bed. "Karmas a bitch huh Layla that's what you get for being an asshole rot in hell. Fucking stupid ass bit.. oh my god I'm so sorry." She gasps and covers her mouth and looks at me. I stared at her and then bursted out laughing. She throws a pillow at me and I laugh even harder.

I pick her up and throw her lightly on my bed, "that wasn't very nice of you malyshka." She opens her mouth to speak and I kiss her hard. She relaxes and kisses me back. "I could kiss you forever" she blushes and kisses me again.

I had to go home but promised I would be driving her to school. I said goodbye to her brothers who looked concerned for their sister.

AN: Layla dead 😜 don't know how I feel about this chapter. Hope u like it also I enjoy reading your comments and thanks so much for all the support