Chapter 20

As soon as I get home, I put my flowers in a vase with water

As soon as I get home, I put my flowers in a vase with water. "Hola mí amor, who gave you those?" My mom looks at me with a knowing look. I can't help but blush, "Nikolai, isn't he the sweetest?" My mom smiles and hugs me. "I'm glad your finally smiling, I have a few things to discuss with you kids, I'll wait till the twins get back though."

I don't know what she wants to talk about, is it about me? I don't want to dwell on it, so instead I just go up to my room and try and catch up on my missing assignments. After I showered and changed into my pjs I headed downstairs avoiding the living room. No one has gone into that place.

"Good ok so I was thinking, we should move, I already got an offer on this one house, I think I'll be best for all of us to start fresh. And I'll think it'll be good for you Delilah." I nod my head in relief, thanking God I he away from this place and it's awful memories.

"One more thing, Jackson was found lying on an alley, brutally beaten almost to death police think it was gang. His parents told me he's in a coma. And I told them what he did to you Delilah, they don't want anything to do with him." I froze, I didn't know what happened to Jackson after Nikolai said he'll take care of it.

I hummed in acknowledgment, and served myself some lemonade and turned around to face my family. They looked at me curiously, "he deserved it." And with that I went to my room to open Nikolai's note.

My sweet Delilah,
I hope you like these flowers and the many more you'll receive in the future. Last night was the best sleep I've ever had. I think reading to you has become my new second favorite thing in life. The first is seeing your smile, God you have such a beautiful smile malyshka. Ever since I met you when we were ten, and you began to tutor me I fell for that smile. Never stop smiling malyshka. I'm proud of you, always will be, your the strongest person I know. Thank you for being you.
~ Love Nikolai

I'm full on smiling like an idiot. He's so perfect, I'm going to ugly cry. I hear my phone ring and see that it's cynthia calling me.

"Spill right now, what's going on between you and Nikolai and don't even try and deny it I've seen the smiles you guys exchange to each other and the holding hands." I start laughing and lay down on my bed. "I don't know he gave me flowers today and wrote me the sweetest note ever. Is that what friends do?"

"Friends my ass, that boy is in love with you Delilah, how do you not see it?" In love? No he can't be in love with me, that's absurd.

"He is not, we've been knowing each other since we were ten we didn't even speak until this grade year, he can't be in love with me Cynthia that's crazy."

"Ugh believe what you want, anyways we're going shopping after school. Love you lots babes" we say our goodbyes, and I stare at the ceiling he can't be in love with me.

I send a quick heart to Nikolai and thanking him for the letter.

But what if it's just a bet as well, what if he doesn't truly like me as a person. What if he ends up hurting me as well.

AN: hey y'all ughh who knew AP Chem can be so time consuming. I'm still in school and have to prioritize my schoolwork. I swear I'll try to update more. But I want to put out my best for you guys. Thank you so much for the support.

Cynthia and Aleksandr are Delilah's and Nikolai's #1 shippers
We need a ship name for them.