Chapter 71

Author's POV

Running with Aly's limp body in his arms Aiden stopped dead in front of the car, for the first time in his life, he didn't want to drive.

He didn't want to leave her.

He didn't want her to go even a centimetre away from himself.

"It's okay, I'll drive." He heard the soft voice of his boyfriend in his ear from behind him, he hastily nodded before running to the back seat, Blue was quick to open the door for him.

He slipped inside with Aly in his arms, her blood smearing all over his clothes and it felt like he was bleeding along with her.

Because he was.

His heart was bleeding.

Blue slipped onto the passenger seat, his hands shaking too, he gripped the steering wheel to calm his shaking hands,
"Come on." He told himself as the shaking did not stop once.

The image not leaving his mind either.

He looked at the rear view mirror and gulped seeing Aiden holding onto Aly and rocking them back and forth.

Aiden noticed him too and gave him a desperate look and Blue nodded getting it, with that he started the car and started driving.

Mike and two other cars behind them moving close by.

Aiden finally took time to notice all her other wounds, she had a deep gash over one of her pale thighs along with a few other small ones.

He pulled out his handkerchief and wrapped it around it since it was still bleeding.

The handkerchief turning red almost immediately. Her forehead had a deep gash too but blood had stopped flowing from there. It was just all over her head, in her hair and even down one side of her face as it laid over his chest.

Her upper body was covered with bruises made by their filthy mouths. But Blue's hoodie was covering it. Aiden looked at Blue only to realise that he was still shirtless.

He pulled off his suit black coat,
"Love." He called out and Blue flinched but still looked at him from the mirror.

Aiden gently passed him the jacket and Blue stopped the car for a second to wear it before he started driving again.

Aly's breathing was really shallow and she was frowning. Aiden pressed her face in his own neck trying to get her to take in his scent. He knows his scent makes her feel safe and better.
But the frown on her face still didn't disappear which just made him fall into his own thoughts.
.
.
.
The door to his room opened and his eyes snapped open at the same time. He knew who it was so he simply laid on the bed waiting for the person to join him.

He felt his bed dip and he looked aside in the dark room at his bed only to find her simply sitting there. He turned on his bed side lamp and then sat up in front of the frowning lady.

She looked at him pouting and he smiled in return not saying anything, he simply opened his arms and she quickly smiled and snuggled into them.

He turned the lamp off and laid both of them on the bed again. Her body completely over him.

"Nightmare?" Aiden gently whispered, his nose in her hair as he breathed her smell of strawberries. His one hand wrapped around her waist and the other carding his fingers in her hair, lulling her to sleep.

"Nightmare." Aly replied softly, her eyes closed shut and her ear pressed to his chest listening to his heart beat as if it was the most calming white music because it really was.