Chapter 98

"Old man, come here please," Blue said very carefully and Aiden's jaw clenched as he fought his own mind to listen to Blue's words.

He went and sat down at the far end of the bed still keeping his distance.

Blue's whole mouth felt bitter at the action and his eyes got even sadder. He didn't like what was happening one bit, he looked at Aly who was just sitting beside him but not touching him as well, her gaze was focused on her hands over her lap.

Mr. Relish had completely ignored the obvious tension in the room and had settled himself over the couch. Mrs. Relish too sat down beside him surprisingly without a word to any of them except a gentle smile.

"Al, what's wrong with you?" Blue asked even though he knew what was wrong, he just wanted them to say something.

He didn't want them to look like that.

They looked guilty.

As if they were the ones who shot him.

As if they were the ones who pushed him in front of the bullet.

As if it was all their fault.

It irked him.

He heavily frowned when they didn't reply, and snapped his head towards his father who gave him a weirdly knowing look.

"I believe you're the reason they are acting like this," Blue stated without a hint of hesitation in his voice.

Mr. Relish raised an eyebrow and then said in amusement,
"Is that so? Then maybe they did something they feel guilty about." He replied back and Blue's fists clenched when once again Aiden stood up from the bed looking rather puzzled.

His gaze was focused on the ground and he was frowning as well but it looked more like a realisation frowning.

Blue had had enough, he held Aly's hand tightly and pulled her closer, she yelped but didn't say a word or even raise her head.

Almost automatically her hand tightened over his hand, her thumb rubbed over his knuckles as if she was dying to do it and finally had a chance.

Blue smiled at the gesture and looked at Aiden before he extended his other hand,
"Old man?"

Aiden looked up at Blue and then at the hand before sparing a quick glance at Mr. Relish.

Blue's tongue poked the inside of his cheek as he felt his anger rising,
"Old man, now!" He said this time a bit sternly making both Aiden and Aly's eyes widen, seeing him get mad. No, they didn't want that.

Aiden quickly walked around the bed, stood at Blue's side and carefully held his hand feeling so good almost immediately but unable to act upon it. Then Blue quickly pulled on that hand but Aiden's weight was more and he fought against the pull which made Blue pull even harder.

Blue winced as he felt his stitches hurting a bit, and just like that Aiden sat down beside him immediately not being able to see him in pain, and didn't dare pull his hand away after that.

He had so many fucking things to say to Blue but it was like there was no time.

"Now both of you, don't fucking move!" Blue said scolding both of them by giving a hard look and both of them replied quickly by nodding like two kids.

Blue turned to look back at his father who was watching all of them with a weirdly amused face and that just made them grow even more tense.

"So listen to me Dad and listen very clearly." Blue started and Mr. Relish nodded urging him to continue.