Chapter 70: Aiden's POV

Aiden's POV

Ever felt that feeling of pure, unadulterated terror that you feel like you'll be haunted with it for the rest of your life.

And honestly if you ask me? I know I would be.

The sight in front of me wasn't just infuriating, it was traumatising. It felt like every single bone in my body would have broken and I still wouldn't have felt so much pain as I was feeling in this moment.

It felt like someone pulled my beating heart of my body and hung it over the wall while I just watch it lying on the ground bleeding as it beats from a distance.

Walking into the living room felt like the worst nightmare of my entire life.

If only I could just fall onto my knees and beg the divine being to wake me up from this cursed nightmare.

But I couldn't do that. Because it was real and it was happening in front of my eyes. I could feel it, I could feel every single part of my mind breaking down into something not recognisable.

That it was my punishment that I was forced to come across a sight like this.

As they held her, their dirty disgusting hands held her small fragile limp body.

As the person I never expected or maybe I did, I didn't know, was standing there all naked, all I saw was red as I saw him.

Aron Ray.

The man just really wanted to die.

But would it be okay to say, that I had the same feeling?

That I wanted to die as well rather than letting the truth settle in.

The truth that my girl was about to get fucking raped in her own house and me who claims to be the most powerful man in the continent, couldn't do shit.

Couldn't stop them, couldn't do anything actually.

Useless.

That's what I should be called, but should I even be called something? I believe I lost everything today so obviously I don't fucking deserve anything.

Moving my head slowly and looking at the other man in the room. He was there too, that guy, Miah's brother.

Todd.

He was naked, his dick in his hand as he tried to force it into her mouth, torture, this was pure torture.

That guy had slapped her when we had entered the room. Right in front of my eyes, it felt like someone just poured acid inside my eyes while I was forced to keep them open.

That would've probably been better than this. If only I didn't have the eyes to see the scene in front of my eyes.

There were two other people in the room as well, but I didn't dare look at them. They weren't worth it. Agnes was enough to take care of them.

My mind repeating a single thought on repeat.

They were trying to rape her.

My girlfriend.

The thought was getting incarnated deep inside my memory.

And memory is a fickle thing.

I can no longer remember how my mom used to smile at me, no longer remember how my dad used to look when he would get proud of me.

Proud?

For fucking what?

Nothing.

All that I could think about was a girl, lying over my school's rooftop, getting bullied by some students, looking at me with such empty eyes, that it used to feel like she was looking through me.