Chapter 88

"Aly?"

"No no no, keep your eyes on me."

"Al please."

"Shit, QUEEN LOOK AT ME." Aiden screamed as his hands cupped her face and Aly looked up from where she was on the floor in his arms. Her mouth open as she took shallow breaths.

Blue on the other side was almost in tears, as soon as Aly had heard that name, she crumbled, she crumbled like she did the time she told Blue about what he had done with her, in her drunken state.

And Blue can't take it.

Because he sees the fear in her eyes, the fear of him even when he is dead. Because even after everything, he's there.

In her memories, in her nightmares.

Haunting her. But not just her, it haunts them too. All three of them.

"Al please." Blue pleads as he sees Aly gasping for air, her face held in Aiden's hands. He holds her so delicately like a fragile piece of glass completely contradicting to the look of rage that is over his face.

Aly's eyes are disoriented as she tries to focus on Aiden's and Blue's voice,
"Please love-bug forget about him. We're here aren't we? Nothing will ever come your way ever again." Blue whispers soothingly to Aly.

And then she breaks, her sobs fill the air, her tears roll down to Aiden's palm who makes a face of agony as if her tears burn him.

And Blue sees the beast unleashing.

He sees how his face twists into that of lost control and pure hatred for the fucking world. Blue sees it before it happens. He sees Aiden's thoughts who wants nothing more than to just burn the world if meant she would be satisfied.

Aiden screams in rage seeing her like that, Blue takes Aly in his arms hugging her gently as she cries over his chest, because of just a single name. Aiden stumbles away.

Blue rubs her back and pecks over her trembling lips as she cries in frustration, tired of feeling so fucking broken all the time. Her fists connect with his chest and he keeps it in, he keeps the pain in, he lets her vent.

And even if she doesn't say it, Blue sees it, he feels how much she hates it, to feel so fucking scared and broken all the time. To have nightmares of a person who's no more in their lives.

Aiden stands up and picks up the huge glass table before slamming it on the wall so hard, it breaks into a million pieces, but Blue sees it, it isn't the vase that's breaking, it's Aiden.

"STOP IT." He screams at nothing in particular but Blue hears it,

'Stop crying, stop breaking my heart with your tears.'

Aiden's mad at the situation, at everything. He's mad Aly heard them talking. He never, even wants her to know.

He wants to keep her away from even the word danger, he is mad because he can't remove her memories.

He would if he could. Even if it meant he had to give up his own life for it. He would do it in a heart beat.

Blue sees it, it's the selfless love he has for her. Just like he himself does, the tears rolling down his face say so.

Aly cries loudly in Blue's arms as Aiden trashes his entire office room. And all Blue can do is watch, because he knows Aiden needs it.

They went through so much, but in the end, it is still there. Still haunting them. And it kills him that he can't do anything about it.

And then Blue watches with a hammering heart as all the energy drains from Aiden's body and he crumbles down just like he did in that hospital months ago.