~Bonus chapter~

5 years later

5 years later

Our town was our little oasis, a safe little haven for us to relax and unwind, take a break from the whirlwind which was our lives in Greece.

And as thankful as Annabeth and I were for our time there we both decided it was time for us to move back to America, to start our careers and reunite with our families.

We rented a little apartment studio near Thalia and Luke's place a few months ago, and we stayed there as we got our affairs in order.

We were moving to New York tomorrow afternoon, to begin our new jobs. Annabeth is going to start as an intern in a big architectural firm and I recently got scouted to live out my swimming dreams.

Everything was going perfectly.

Helen had been kind enough to invite us for dinner tonight. And since we were moving to New York in a week and a half, it felt good to stuff up on our mother's cooking this month.

Trust me we haven't cooked for ourselves since we came back from Greece. Nearly two months ago.

My nerves were a jingle of emotions as Annabeth and I made our way toward the Chase residence.

I have a lot of fun with the Chase's....but that was not my goal tonight.

"Annabeth...one second," I called as she made her way up to the porch, her hand extending before it reached the bell.

"Mmm?" she asked, turning to face me.

"Look! You can see the Zoë constellation from here," I stuttered, pointing at a distant spot in the sky.

"That's literally impossible," Annabeth countered, her eyes scanning the sky over and over.

I dipped down on my knee before she could turn around, furiously scrambling with the box in my pocket as I pried it open.

I could hear Annabeth's light gasp as she turned around, covering her mouth in shock.

"Wise girl...." I chuckled, pulling myself together, "Every moment with you is magical, and I cannot imagine my life without in it. Trust me, those five years without you were a nightmare"

Annabeth let out a light laugh, her eyes were glassy under the porch lamps.

With a deep inhale, I continued, "You know....I've always regretted not kissing you on the porch after our first date....I was way too nervous and your brothers....they got in the way too," I chuckled, remembering the incident, "Now...I can't redo the past...but I can take this opportunity to make you mine on these very steps again....if you'll have me of course," my voice caught in my throat.

"Annabeth Chase, you're my everything. Will you marry me?" I asked her, pushing the box slightly closer to her.

"Yes! Yes Percy!" she laughed, swinging her hands around my neck as she crashed into me.I caught her just in time. My arms wrapped around her waist, firmly holding the box as I kissed her forehead, whispering how much I loved her.

"I love you so much," Annabeth breathed, claiming my lips as hers.

When we finally pulled apart, I slid the ring down her finger.

"When did you have the time to plan this? We just got back," Annabeth questioned, lifting her hand as the ring glistened on her long finger.

"I've been planning it ever since that first date," I laughed, watching her face turn a shade of red.

"Well this trumps my surprise," Annabeth added, her eyes shining with amusement.

"What surprise may that be, future Mrs Jackson?"

"Might as well tell you," she laughed, "All of our friends and family are inside, waiting to surprise you," she said, lightly tapping the ivory door to make her point.

"A surprise party? for me?" I grinned, kissing her firmly one more time.

I loved this girl so much.

"I know how much you've always wanted one," she smiled back, "though....I ruined the surprise I guess," she sighed, shaking her head.

"No you didn't...it's perfect! Besides, the best thing you could've done for me was saying yes!" I chuckled.

I planted a light kiss on her forehead, entwining my hand with hers, "Now what do you say about making it an engagement party hmm?"

"Sounds perfect," she said, with a large smile.

"Now let's surprise the suprisees," she laughed, ringing the doorbell with a gentle push

Now that, was a magical night.

—————————————————————————
AHHH THE FINAL CHAPTERS OF THIS BOOK!! THANKYOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND LOVE!!

Oh! I also want to announce my new Percabeth fan-fiction coming on September 10th, 2023

It's going to be part of a duology, so I hope you check it out soon!!

(Posted 12:56am - 15/4/23)

—S