Bonus chapter!!

5 years ago
(Day before Percy left)

Annabeth waited anxiously for Percy down by their spot at the creek.

He was late, by almost an hour at this point. And that made her worry, because he was never late for good reasons.

And her suspicions were correct after Percy came running through the woods a while later, huffing before he got a chance to explain.

"Smelly Gabe," Percy said, and that one word was enough for Annabeth to understand everything.

"How about a story? I read a new book, it's about Zeus's lightning bolt being stolen," Annabeth supplied, lightening the mood.

They'd been through this enough times to know what would make them both feel better.

"It's about a lightning thief?" Percy asked, grinning as he settled down beside her on the podium.

After the fight at home, he needed some giggles. And Annabeth always made him happy.

"So this guy, he didn't want to be a halfblood," Annabeth explained, beginning the epic tale as they soaked their feet in the creek.

A long while passed, it felt like a few minutes to the 12 year olds, who were in a fit of laughter.

"No but seriously! Imagine if Hades went to prom," Percy laughed, as they'd completely diverted from the topic.

"And and," Annabeth giggled, "What if Poseidon danced with his trident?"

"It'll be a mighty dance!" Percy laughed, jumping to his feet, pulling Annabeth up as well.

"Do you feel better now?" Annabeth asked slowly, her own heart breaking at the thought of Percy being sad.

"Yeah," Percy nodded

"Then what's on your mind?" Annabeth inquired, noting how her friend had been partially absent throughout her story.

"Nothing"

"Come on Percy!" Annabeth stamped her foot, "you have to tell me! I'm your best friend! No secrets remember?"

"Maybe just one secret?" Percy asked hopefully. He looked at Annabeth's sour expression and yielded.

"Okay fine," he turned pink, "I was thinking of what the Stolls said today. About us getting married and kissing all the time"

"Oh," Annabeth turned pink too, "they say stupid stuff all the time"

"Yeah but what If we do?" Percy asked, confused.

"I...do you want to kiss?" Annabeth asked, with a mixture of curiosity and hope.

"I think...yeah I do want to kiss you," he admitted, giving her a cheesy grin, "you're very very pretty"

"I think you're very handsome too," Annabeth blushed, twiddling a strand of her hair, "I like your eyes"

"I like your eyes too," Percy was now red.

"So...then let's do it," Annabeth said sheepishly, covering it up with false bravado, "I wouldn't mind"

"I...I would like that too," Percy blushed, moving closer towards hed.

Annabeth wrapped her arms around the 12 year old, like she'd seen in movies and leaned in.

However with a small little misstep, the couple found themselves in the water, in a shocking kiss.

Both of them instinctively moved closer, happy at the turn of events.

Neither would admit that they had started to have feelings for the other.

When they surfaced for air, they smiled at each other, laughing at how they were utterly soaked.

Annabeth moved closer Percy, an embarrassed smile as she caressed his face. She felt the need to do so somehow.

They both beamed as she did, Percy reached to take her hand in his.

"Maybe

"Maybe....we should do that again sometime?" Annabeth asked carefully, already worried that she'd asked for too much.

"We should definitely do that again," Percy grinned, "it was awesome"

Annabeth found herself blushing again.

"I gotta go now," she said, "Malcom said he'd help with my maths homework. We're gonna have a movie night, cause mom's not home" she elaborated.

"But don't leave me hanging tomorrow, seaweed brain," Annabeth remided, "let's meet at the same time?"

"I wouldn't even dream of it, wise girl," Percy replied, grinning ear to ear as he made the promise.

"Together forever?" Annabeth promised, fiddling with her necklace

"Together forever," Percy confirmed.

The two friends left their creek, chatting and laughing about all trivial things.

They held hands, almost skipping down the street in childlike innocence, unable to place the feelings they had for each other.

Unknown to both of them, was that their lives were about to change soon .....forever
—————————————————————————-

Aha! Hope you guys liked the mini-Percabeth chapter! And that it kinda helps you understand why Annabeth felt so betrayed when she never say him again from the next day!

Any suggestions for the story?

(Posted 10/10/22- 2:11am)

Stay tuned!!
—-S