Chapter 8: All too well

It's been 5 days since my little stuck on a roof like a goof incident.
And we finished ripping the shed to well...shreds.

All the usable pieces of wood were shipped off to this Leo person and the supplies were being delivered to us day by Monday.

Don't forget that Annabeth and I have other things to do in life than build the archery building.
We have fun stuff like homework and projects to do.

Which is exactly why she was in my room, typing away on our war project thingy as I snuck in a quick power nap.

What? I'm a growing boy.

Annabeth's phone rang, and I, being the gentleman that I was, decided to answer the call on speaker

Annabeth's phone rang, and I, being the gentleman that I was, decided to answer the call on speaker. (What? I thought it was Athena or Mr Fredrick)

But no, a female human answered from the other side as Annabeth sprinted across the room to catch me, a horrifying glare on her face.

"Annabeth, when are you coming home? Matt and Bobby's birthday is tomorrow and I need help decorating," a....middle aged sounding woman spoke.

She practically ripped the phone from my arms, "Yeah Helen, give me an hour? I'm at a friends house to do some homework. Do you need me to get anything from the party store?"

I couldn't hear what the other person said, but Annabeth nodded....then hung up.

"Don't ever grab my phone again!" she vociferated.

"Alright, sorry," I apologised.

She quickly began packing up her things, hurriedly stuffing them in her bag.

"Who are Matt and Bobby?" I asked as she did.

She looked at me, frowning, "They're my younger brothers," she explained.

Before the shock sunk in, she continued without missing a beat, "Hey is Tyson free tomorrow? They're having a birthday party. Nevermind I'll ask Sally,"

With that being said, she walked out the door, with me and my gaping mouth following her.

"Woah! Hold on," I said, blocking her way, "you have brothers?!"

"Yeah and they're 5. Twins,"she pushed past me.

I took her bag from her, saddling it in my worn shoulder as she tried pulling it from my grip, "Hey!" I decided, "I'm coming to meet them! Mrs Chase loves me," I grinned.

Annabeth's glared at me, but said nothing. Instead she went and found my mom, who was baking something in the kitchen. They had a tiny conversation that ended with both of them in a better mood.

And then she walked out the door, me sprinting behind her. Turns out, her house was only a few blocks from mine.

I already knew that though. Neither of us moved in years. Well....except me .
That was why we were in this kerfuffle.