Chapter 14: Finally dragged Annabeth along

Annabeth looked....wow....in that dress. Like a princess, her golden curls bouncing against her shoulders as we navigated the crowd, her hand in mine hurrying me along.  She was all dressed up actually. Earrings, heels which I've never seen her wear. I mean...they were moms, but she was ready to throw them out last week because she claimed that even looking at them gave her leg pains.

The music was loud, the overlapping sounds of laughter, screams and chatter was louder as we entered the almost mansion like house.

The garden, where the party seemed to be happening, was complexly decked out in lights.

"Jason! Leo!" she greeted, walking towards the boys drinking coke in the corner, tugging me along with her.

"Wow....someone looks like a barbie," this Leo guy said, wiggling his eyebrows in her direction.

A feeling of restlessness passed over me as I gripped Annabeth's hand tighter. Who was this boy?

"Shut up, repair boy. You guys cleaned up well," she complimented the pair. I think Jason actually blushed.

"Is that the new guy?" Leo asked, turning his attention to me. He narrowed his eyes at our conjoined hands and Annabeth quickly let go.
He gave her a not so discreet wink.

"Yeah, how are you Percy?" Jason asked me, dipping his head in a greeting.

"I'm good bro, thanks."

"Bro?" he asked, looking shocked for a split second.

I thought about it for a second. "Bro," I confirmed, nodding my head. We shook hands on it.

"Don't get carried away with your bromance at your girlfriend's party Jasssonnnn," Leo slapped him lightly, in mock shock.

"You're dating Piper?" Annabeth asked. He nodded.

And there she appeared, Piper McLean, "Hey guys! What's going on?" she asked, making her way through the crowd.

"Hey Piper," I waved.

She gave a mock salute in reply, "Annabeth! I didn't know you came to parties! I tried to invite you all of last year but you didn't come!" she said, looking at Annabeth in shock.

"To be fair, I did come to that one party last year," she defended, casually shrugging off all the parties she missed.

"You came for like twenty minutes!" Piper shook her head, "I guess what matters is that you're here now." she decided.

Annabeth laughed in reply.

"Why If it isn't THE Annabeth Chase?!" Travis Stoll said, coming up to her with his jaw to the floor. His girlfriend Katie behind him, with a matching grin.

I knew Katie, Travis and Connor from camp days. And we went to school together before...I moved away.

"And is that THE Percy Jackson I spy?!" Katie asked, turning towards me. With a happy gasp, she gave me a hug.

"Heh....guilty as charged," I said, as Katie pulled back. Travis came in for a hug too.

"I thought the rumours were too good to be true. But Percy! You're alive?! And Annabeth? You're at a party?!" Connor Stoll stumbled in through the crowd. First thing I noticed is that he was wearing shorts which were wayyyy to tight and a sleeveless top.

"Before you guys say anything," he put his hands up, in front of Katie who was hysterically laughing and Travis who was stumbling to find his phone, "I lost my clothes in a game of truth or dare. I ain't no wuss."

"Now," he turned back to where Annabeth and I stood. Annabeth, along with Leo were also laughing at the situation.
Connor tapped his foot in annoyance like an old divorced librarian.