Chapter 20: Its nice to have a friend

"It's for you, I swiped it from the batch Mom made for Paul this morning, it's the anniversary of when they first went grocery shopping together, I think. They celebrate everything," Percy explained as I held the blue cupcake in my hand.

It was adorable, his face was flushed.

"Well that certainly explains the hearts, seaweed brain," I smiled, pulling one apart and offering it to him, "Sally and Paul are perfect for each other," I cooed, taking a bite as the frosting practically melted in my mouth

"I'm glad mom's happy," he leaned back, popping the heart in his mouth as I devoured the remaining part of the cupcake shamelessly.

"Now come on," I smiled, pulling grabbing the duffel back from behind me and discarding the outer wrapper, "You promised we could study."

"Did I?" he asked, feigning innocence.

"Yes you did," I stood my ground, passing him a book I had brought from the library, "Turn to page 394. It references a theory that-"

"I'm boreddd," Percy whined, snapping the book shut, "can we please do this tomorrow?" he begged.

"We literally just started."

"But I'm tired."

"Percy, no. We have to-"

"There are more fun things to do right now! and I promised tomorrow!"

"Like what?" I asked, giving him my best annoyed expression.

"Like making you laugh!"

"I'm not amused right now."

"What can be easily remedied, Annabeth my dear," Percy said, the glint in his eyes freaking me out. Oh no.

"What do you mean?" I asked, scooting away from him.

"Last I remembered, you're very ticklish," he gave that troublemaker grin, that made me scoot even further away from him, which just solidified his stance as he inched closer.

"Percy, no," I ordered, setting my papers aside.

Ignoring me, Percy went in for the kill, his hands reaching for my waist.

Oh hell no

I don't know how I managed to do it, but I pushed him into the water before he could even reach me.

The loud splash, and the droplets that followed woke me up from my temporary stupor. I laughed, waiting for Percy to surface.

The show off had been down there 4 minutes already, and I leaned down to get a better look at where he was.

And that's exactly when he chose to surface, bringing his face just centimetres away from mine. Gods he always glowed in water.

  Gods he always glowed in water