Chapter 42: Everything about him was perfect

I tilted my headback, enjoying the simple  sunshine that bounced through the treetops, just enough to light up the pages of my book.

The school hummed with life all around me, a constant fluttering of activity which had no bearing on me, or my little bubble of peace and tranquility.

The last few days had been hectic, between the twins being sick and constantly needing attention, to my project for Mr Blofis's class, which I had to pull two all nighters to finish before submitting this morning.

Percy, to his credit, tried his hardest to help me in any which way I needed for the project. Although I spent a good amount of time re-writing his portion of the work, It was adorable.

Speaking of my handsome devil......

"Hey!" I protested as my book was snatched out of my hands.

"Hey yourself," Percy chuckled, sitting down beside me on the bench before pulling me closer as he firmly planted his lips on mine.

I allowed myself to melt into him as I deepened the kiss.

This boy somehow had the ability to render me speechless.

I cursed myself for being this weak around him.

"Now that that's over," Percy chuckled, holding my chin gently as he backed away, "I was hoping I could steal some of your precious time today evening? Let's say....around 6pm at our creek?"

"That works for me," I replied, leaning into his shoulder as he passed me my book, "what for?"

"That's a suprise, dear girlfriend."

"Alright then boyfriend, I shall oblige."

I bid him farewell, running along to my maths class.

The rest of the day passed in a blur. Frank and I went over some details for the swim team, we had an impromptu student-body meeting regarding the upcoming graduation party and...I spent nearly three hours working on the archery shed with Percy.

Suffice it to say, I was super tired.

However, I was apparently not allowed to be tired as Percy, with his never ending supply of 'annoy Annabeth' energy, dragged my carcass along the road.

"It's too cold to swim!" I complained as we headed down towards the creek.

My joints aches from the workload of the day. And my lack of sleep yesterday did not help my general state of well-being.

Percy squeezed my hand, sending a bolt of electricity screaming through it as he looked at me with his sea-green eyes, "I promise it'll be worth it."

"Alright then," I sighed, stiffling a smile as Percy covered my eyes with his hands.

We walked a few steps, a familiar wooden creek indicating that we stood atop the creeks little sitting area.

"Seaweed brain?" I called as I felt him step away, reminding me to keep my eyes closed.

"Open your eyes," Percy said from beside

I opened my eyes a few seconds later, blinking rapidly as I did so.

I gasped lightly as I saw Percy on one knee, his eyes perfectly reflecting the stars twinkling above us.

(A/N This is just sadism keep scrolling dears)

( just a lil more)

He held up a sheet of paper with the words 'Will you go to the dance with me' painted on it in a mixture of blue and gray letters.

The glitter and stars on it showed that he had a lot of help from his little brother.

A wave of love filled me as I watched my boy's eyes light up with a cheeky grin, as his lips whispered the words say yes into the wind.

"Oh I don't know..." I teased, placing my hands on my hips as I looked out into the ethereal sunset, "Do I really want to everyone jealous by having you on my arm?."

"I'll wear a potato sack then," he grinned, dusting himself off as he got up.

"Then I would love to go to the dance with you. Percy," I smiled, wrapping my arms around him as I pulled him towards me, breathing in his familiar oceans scent.

I was utterly in love with him.

"I was hoping you'd say that," Percy replied, tossing the sign into the wind as he pulled me closer, leaving almost no distance between us before he crashed his lips onto mine.

Everything about the moment felt perfect.

Everything about him was perfect.

He was my whole entire heart.

I took a deep breath, steadying myself as we pulled apart for air.

Percy's hands were still wrapped securely around my waist, holding me in place like an anchor as my hands played with his hair, resting at the nape of his neck.

I could let him hold me forever....everytime I was with him, it was a feeling like no other.

His eyes washed away all my worries, his scent soothed my nerves and his words would echo forever in my heart.

I'd waited 5 years for him to come back....and now...I don't think I can ever let him go again.

Whatever my soul was made of, part of it belonged to him.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Percy whispered against my lips, lightly booping my nose with his.

"I think I love you," I breathed, closing my eyes.

I could feel Percy's smiling lips , slowly and delicately as they entwined with mine.

"Good," he chuckled, whispering among our kisses, "Cause I think I love you too."
————————————————————————-

Hello!! Late chapter and small chapter I know.

But only a few more chapters to go before the story ends people!! Get excited!! (Or don't I can't dictate your feelings)

Any suggestions for the story?

(Posted 1:19am - 12/2/23)

Stay tuned!!
—S