Chapter 38: Levitate above all the messes made

Everything about yesterday seemed like a dream. And I was 89.53% sure I did dream it until Annabeth showed up at my door with homemade muffins in the morning.

"Hey," I greeted, unsure of what to do or say. I stood at the door awkwardly fiddling with my chain.

Was she here to break up with me??

"Hey," she replied, her cheeks tinged pink, "Are you gonna let me in?

"Yeah! Yeah sure!" I moved aside, giving her the space to enter.

"What's gotten into you this morning?" Annabeth mused, setting down the muffins on the kitchen counter, "Is it cause of last night?" she asked, her voice hesitant.

"Cause I understand if you were just caught up in the moment or...."

"What? no!" I gasped, my mouth almost falling down.

Did she really think I had second thoughts?

Annabeth turned bright red, "Good cause...I wanna be your girlfriend"

"That works cause...I want you to be my girlfriend," I grinned, unable to believe my luck again.

"So, girlfriend," I emphasised, "why are you here this fine morning?"

"I just..." Annabeth began, her eyes shifting towards the floor, "wanted to make sure you were here I guess. I was worried you left...."

left again.

The words that were still left unsaid between us.

"I promise...I'll never ever leave you again, Annabeth," I told her.

She smiled, stepping towards me. She was a few inches away when she reached out, playing with my bead necklace.

"What do you think we should do for this year?" she mused, her eyes shining under the kitchen light.

"How about...Perry?"

"Your panda pet?" she laughed

"Hey!" I huffed, "that's insulting"

"Is it?" she bit her lip, to keep herself from laughing, " I didn't realise that"

"Ohh you're gonna regret that," I chuckled, pulling her closer to me.

"Well then...maybe this will help," she smirked, leaning forward as she tentatively touched her lips to mine, a wave of joy filling me as she did.

"Ah!! No!! I'm so sorry!" I heard a glass fall on the floor as Annabeth and I jumped apart.

"Sally!" Annabeth said loudly, half a greeting and the other half in shock.

"Annabeth!" mom replied, in an equally  confusing tone

All of us looked at each other in an awkward silence.

Then....

I heard a weird splat sound.