It's your wife...

Request: yes, and I love it

Summary: tom gets a call while he's at work..
Warnings: ANGST, fluff, crying Tom, injured reader, swearing
Pairing: policeman!husband!reader x wife!reader
Word count: 1.3k

Your POV
"Right I'll talk to you later ok?" You smiled into the phone.

"Do you have to go, my love?" Tom asked, you could hear the smirk in his voice. You twisted your wedding ring on your finger and chuckled.

"If you want me to make homemade, heart shaped pizza then you need to let me go, I have to get the ingredients" you nodded, trying to sound at least a little bit stern.

"Alright darling, stay safe, I love you" he spoke.

"I love you" you returned, before you hung up the phone.

You and Tom had been in a relationship since you were 17. You met in high school and instantly hit it off with each other, and he finally had proposed a year and a half ago, and got married 5 months ago, and so you two were still in your honeymoon stage.

Tom always dreamed of being in the police force, and he had loved his journey so far, and the best part was that his partner was also his best friend, Harrison, so it was easy for you and his wife Grace to hang out like, all the time. Even if she wasn't the best influence.

It was your first meet anniversary tonight, and your first date included you and Tom making heart shaped pizza, and so you did it every year since. Tonight was no different, but you may have forgotten to get the ingredients, hence why you were walking out the door to go and get them.

Tom's POV
"Captain Robert Downey jr" Tom smiled, just after he put down his phone.

"Holland, the Mrs keeping you in check?" RDJ asked, Tom chuckled and nodded.

"Always sir"

"Right. Back to work" he nodded, tapping toms desk before standing up, Tom saluted him and RDJ returned it before walking back into his office.

It was only an hour later when he heard Harrison storming into the precinct.

"Did you hear did you hear yet?!" He screamed, making toms eyes widen and cheeks turn crimson red as the whole precinct turned to look at them both.

"Hear what?" Tom asked, but at that moment his phone started ringing.

"Officer Holland?" The man asked once Tom had answered the phone.

"Y-Yeah that's me" he answered.

"We've called in some officers to come urgently to the scene of a crash, but we felt that you should know..." he paused.

"Know what? Do you need an extra hand? Cos I've still got some work to finish off so I'll be like 30 minutes" he nodded, fiddling with his pen.

"We are on the city road, 15 miles from the precinct, officer Holland.. it's your wife.."
~

Now Tom was a policeman, and usually he wouldn't dare go above the speed limit. But this wasn't a normal day, his wife had been in a car accident. While Harrison was screaming and holding onto his seat for dear life, Tom was going 85 miles an hour with the sirens on.

"Tom slow the fuck down, let's not get you into a crash, she's fine!" Harrison yelled, Tom slowed down so he could look at his mate with a 'are you serious right now' look on his face.

"Officer Mackie said that she's unconscious, and I have to get there before the ambulance does, I have to be with her!" Tom nodded, breathing heavily as tears welled in his eyes.

"Fuck I knew I shouldn't have let you drive. Look, you know y/n, she literally snapped her leg when we were younger and she started laughing about it, I mean yeah she was crying as well, but she kept laughing at the shape of it" Harrison nodded.

"You know that she is gonna pull through, oh and we're here, I wonder why that was so quick... you know I could arrest you right now for going over the spee-"

Tom didn't hear the rest, he got out the car and slammed the door. He ran over to the flashing sirens and the car that you had crashed, and then he saw you, laying on officer Zendaya's lap, while she cried, they kept you safe off the road.

"Fuck, baby" Tom cried as he crouched down to see you, he moved some hair off of your face and stared at your features. A bruise was beginning to form on your left cheek, your lips were cut and bleeding and the top right of your head was cut open. And that's when he heard the ambulance sirens coming in.

"Officer Holland you have to move now." He heard someone say. But he physically couldn't move. He felt someone's hands gently bring him to the side. The world sounded muffled to him as the put your body on a stretcher.

"Wait wait, I'm her husband, I need to come with her!" He started to shout. Before running by your side. They settled you onto the bed in the ambulance and Tom sat by your side as the paramedics started to work on you to the best they could.

"It's gonna be okay baby, you'll be okay, you have to be."

Your pov:
Your whole body ached. You wished you were back asleep to take away the pain. The last thing you remember was a Ford fiesta driving too quickly, taking over you and then the cars in front having the slam the breaks. Including you. Except you don't remember opening your eyes after you had screwed them shut.

"Fuck" you muttered, the light above you was way to bright and your head ached as if someone had hammered some nails into it.

"Fuck, love, hey" you heard toms voice say.

"I feel like if I'm dead then I shouldn't feel pain," you joked, slowly bringing your free hand to rub your eye, as your other hand was trapped underneath Toms.

"You're far from dead, we've still got a long life together" you heard him chuckled, you finally let your eyes flutter open and you turned to look at him. He had clearly been awake for hours, and crying for at least 95% of that time. His nose was slightly snotty and he still had his police uniform on.

"What happened?" You asked. Tom sucked in a breath before starting.

"You got into a car crash, apparently some idiot slammed his breaks on in front of you, you must have not seen it coming and didn't break in time. The other guy is fine. Sadly." He said that last word quietly, making you chuckle.

"You hit your head and split it open, doctor said it was a miracle you don't have brain damage" he nodded.

"I'm sorry I wasn't more careful" you sniffed, feeling yourself get slightly emotional.

"No no love, this was not your fault." He said shaking his head. "It was the other guys, we'll sort him out later though okay, what he does wasn't ok. If I was able to see clearly back then, I would have arrested him right then" he chuckled, making you return it.

"I think there might have been something that didn't survive the crash Tommy" you sniffled, for some reason you were now crying.

"What's that darling?" He asked.

"The pizza ingredients, there's no way, I wanted to make our pizza" you cried, wiping the tears off your face the best you could.

"Aww sweetheart, it's okay, I'll get you some on our way home from the hospital when they let you out okay?" He laughed, tucking your hair behind your ear and wiping your tears.

"Okay." You nodded.

"Okay," he repeated.

"Happy anniversary Tommy" you smiled.

"Happy anniversary my love"