I work alone• AR (au)

Summary: detective L/n and detective Russell have been put on a murder case together, though how will they get on when they are rivals?Warnings: swearing, mentions of murder, blood, enemies to lovers, fluff and a pinch of angst

Warnings: swearing, mentions of murder, blood, enemies to lovers, fluff and a pinch of angst.
Pairing: detective!reader x detective!arvin russell
Word count: 1.5k

Your pov:
"Morning miss l/n, how was your weekend?" Your good friend officer Lenora asked you, you smiled and sat in the desk opposite her and pushed over the coffee you bought for her.

"It was alright, nothing exiting happened, what about you?" You asked, tying your hair into a low bun.

"Yeah same here, though me and arvin went to my grandmas for dinner last night, the meal was simply to die for!" She smiled, your smile changed to a small frown after she had mentioned the name arvin.

Ever since the three of you were kids, yourself and arvin never got on, he would always pick on you, whether it was pushing you over and pulling you by your pigtails or whether it was by calling you names and pushing you into the high-school lockers, you never got on.

And it was a shame, you were best friends with his sister, and you guys also worked together. It really sucked.

"Alright folks listen up!" Sheriff Bodecker shouted into the police station bullpen. The sheriff, a no good, lazy, drunk. "I need detective L/n and detective A. Russell in my office now!" He nodded.

Your eyes rolled at the initial of his name, before standing from your chair and walking towards his office, when you walked into a firm back, scoffing when you realised whose back it was.

"Watch it! What ever happened to ladies first? Or is chivalry just dead?" You scoffed, he turned around and craned his neck down to look at you, making you feel smaller than you actually were.

"It's not dead, you just ain't a lady" he smirked, before opening the door to Bodecker's office where he just about slammed the door into your face.

"What can I do for you Sheriff?" Arvin asked, emphasising his "I", you rolled your eyes and subtly elbowed his side.

"There has been a murder in town, and we need you two on the case. We suspect it was Precher Teagardin, but we need more proof." He nodded, slipping the file across his desk. You grabbed the file before arvin could and nodded your head in 'thanks' before leaving.

~
You and arvin sat in his car, about a mile away from the church. You were reading the file completely getting all the information you could from it.

"Okay, all of his suspects are pregnant women, and they hadn't been pregnant long, I suspect that he wasn't safe and when they told him they were pregnant he killed em, so his title wasn't wrecked" you nodded, Arvin scoffed and cocked his gun, tucking it in his waist holster.

"Ok, let's go smartass" he nodded, but you stopped him.

"Wait!!" He rolled his eyes and sat back in the car, looking at you, clear annoyance in his eyes. "I think I should go in alone-"