Purer than rays of sunshine• AR

Summary: when some boys pick on Lenora you step in to help her, which leads to a friendship between the two of you, and she takes you home for dinner for a thank you, and you meet someone.
Warnings: swearing, bullying, fluff, lil angst.
Word count: 1073

Your POV:
I walked down the halls of my new school, the building was old for sure, the walls were faded, and the school had no colour. Except for the slight red that the cheerleaders wore.

I heard a loud bang next to me after I had found my locker, I turned to see three larger boys pinning a girl to the lockers, gripping at her beautiful dresses collars.

"Get off of me!" She grunted, trying to wiggle free from their grasps. I turned fully and went behind the tallest boy, using my book to wack him right across the back of his head. Making him fall to the floor, the two other boys turned to me.

"Go" I said sternly, the taller one got off the ground, towering himself over me.

"Or what?" He shrugged, his boys folding their arms.

"You think that's as hard as I can hit?" I chuckled sarcastically, "scram" I said again, holding the book up again, which he flinched at.

"Fine, whatever" he mumbled, him and his crew walking away, I turned to the girl, her auburn locks were messy, and her collar needed fixing.

"Are you alright?" I asked, stepping closer to fix her collar, before helping her out with her hair.

"Yeah I'm alright now, thank you" she sighed, closing in and hugging me, which I hugged her back.

"I'm Lenora" she said, breaking the hug.

"Y/n, your dress is awful pretty" I smiled, she twirled around and giggled, showing it off.

"Thanks, it used to be my mammas, I like yours too, the colours are gorgeous" she smiled, admiring the pink and yellow flowers that scattered over my white dress.

"Thank you, my grandpa got me this for my birthday" I smiled, also giving her a little twirl.

~
After our encounter me and Lenora went to class together, she was in a few of my classes, and she invited me over for dinner tonight, as a thank you, I called my mum and asked and she said it was okay, and Lenora had called her grandma and she said it was okay as well.

Lenora explained how her living situation, how her parents and her step brothers parents had died and now they stayed with Emma, their grandma and uncle earskell.

Now I was waiting at my locker for her, when I felt a hand grab mines and run, it was Lenora, but why were we running?

"Lenora slow down" I giggled, trying to keep up with her.

"We can't other wise them boys will catchup to us. My brother is outside" she said, I carried on running with her, even though it was hard since she was still holding my hand.

We got out the school and I saw a beat up red car, he opened the door for Lenora, and I opened the back door, slightly out of breath from the running.

"Arvin. They're coming" Lenora said, turning to the taller boy, his cigarette was still in his mouth and he turned to look at the boys, they got closer and closer, until arvin stepped on it last minute.

We drove along the road a bit before Lenora spoke again. "Arvin this is my friend y/n, she hit gene on the back of the head with her book when he tried to hurt me, ain't she brave?" She rambled. Arvin didn't reply, only nodding and moving his gaze to the mirror, staring back at me before putting his attention back on the road.

"And she's so pretty too! You like her dress?" she carried on, making me blush, arvin nodded his head again.

"Your dress is lovely pumpkin" he commented, making me blush even harder at his nickname.

Arvin's POV:
Arvin didn't know much about the pretty girl who sat in the back of his car, but he did know that he wanted her as his.

"Your dress is lovely pumpkin" he complimented, giving her a nickname, making her cheeks turn a gorgeous pink, he smirked at that, if he could make her blush then it would be easy.

Arvin drove them back to their grandmas, as soon as they stepped out of the car they were met with the heavenly smell of roast dinner coming from the kitchen window that was open.

"Smells amazing" you said, flicking her gaze away from arvin after he turned around to see her staring at him, making him smirk once again.

~
The five sat around the table, you and arvin sat across from each other, Lenora was sat next to you and Emma and earskell were sat at the heads of the table.

While you all had the amazing food that was served you and arvin played subtle footsie under the table, you were already at his reach, and he knew it.

It was getting later now and it was time for arvin to drive you home, he found you alone washing your own dish that you insisted on doing on your own, finally winning and getting to do it.

He walked over to you, tapping your shoulder when you put the dish away.

"You ready to go sweetness?" He asked, making you blush again, making Arvin's smirk return, you nodded.

"Let me go say bye to Lenora first" you nodded, skipping over to Lenora's room making Arvin's heart swell when you thanked his sister for "a wonderful night" before coming back over with a bright smile.

~
You and arvin didn't say anything in the car, but arvin was dying to touch you in some way, hold your hand or something, and you noticed this, this time it was you who smirked, taking his hand and placing it on your thigh.

He looked over and smiled, giving your thigh a squeeze, still saying nothing.

That's how it was for the rest of the journey, silence and simple thigh squeezes every now and then. When you arrived home you rolled down the window of your side and got out of the car, shutting the door before leaning down.

"Sal's diner, 6.30pm, Friday. Don't be late" she nodded, leaving without a goodbye or anything, arvin smiled, and blushed.