Not quite mine yet• AR

Summary: Arvin's never been nervous before, not until he met you..
Warnings: swearing, fluff, not much to be honest.
Word count: 910

~
Your POV:
I knocked my hand on the splintered wood three times, folding my arms beneath my chest, looking down at my shoes.

I heard the clumping of boots walk towards the door, the unlocking of rusty metal and finally the creek of the door opening, there stood a confused tall boy, he was clearly older, his cap that sat on his head also old and used, his white tee not so white anymore, covered in dirt, his denim jacket did a good job of hiding the muck, his matching denim trousers, slightly worn out, and the boots on his feet that I heard clumping a second ago.

His eyes were caramel, deep and full of desire, his nose was crooked like it had been broken a few times, his lips thin and slightly chapped, one of his eyebrows was messed up, untamed, his jawline sharper than a 90° angle itself, a few freckles littered over his face, a small smirk tugging at his lips when I had been standing there for a while.

"You okay there little one?" He asked, his voice was deep, his accent thick and endearing, leaning on his side against the door frame, his leg crossing over the other, and his arms crossed, as he wet his lips.

"Uh yeah, is this Lenora's? She invited me over after school t'day" I nodded, as I nervously raised my hand to twirl my hair in my fingers.

"Yeah it is, I'm arvin russell, her older brother" he smiled tightly, coming off the door frame and offering his hand out to shake, which I obliged.

"I'm y/n l/n, She never mentioned a brother" I nervously giggled, moving my hand to flatten out the skirt of my dress.

"well she never mentioned a friend either, I don't want to seem mean but you're the first she's brought home" he smiled sadly, clearly sympathetic for the sister he loved dearly.

"Well Lenora is lovely, is she in?" I asked, finally letting our eyes meet again, he chuckled and shook his head.

"She's not in right now, but she'll be home soon, you wanna come inside darlin'?" He asked, my heart doing a flip at the nickname he acquired for me.

"Y-yeah, sure" I stuttered, he moved to the side and let me inside, I smiled at the homely surrounding that enclosed me, the deep smell of chicken filling the house.

"Smells very nice in here" I complimented, my eyes fluttering shut.

"Yeah? My grandma is making roast for dinner, y-you're welcome to stay if you'd like?" He wondered aloud, twiddling his thumbs around.

"If it's not too much trouble then I'd be delighted to stay for dinner yes" I nodded, smiling sweetly at him.

I turned to face him, he looked nervous, his eyes darting too different places around the room until they hit a new feature on my face.

Our shallow breaths were the only thing heard in the room as we awkwardly tried to figure out what to say, he took off his cap and ran his fingers ran his locks.

A smile played at my lips, one playing at his too, smiled were contagious, and finally his eyes widened, clearly he knew what he wanted to do dearly say.

But the door opened, stopping him from doing so.

Arvin's POV:
The door opened, the sound of his sisters giggled filling the room, interrupting him from finally bringing up the courage to ask the smaller girl out, she was pretty, really really pretty, and he wanted her to be his the second he later eyes on her.

He didn't believe in love at first sight, he thought all that crap that his daddy told him about love at first sight with his momma was, well, crap. But now, he's realised he was wrong, as now he wanted to tell his daddy that he knew now.

He had never been nervous before, he had always been confident and proud, but now he couldn't even pluck up the courage to speak without stuttering, let alone ask her out.

"Y/n!! You're here! Grandma she's actually here" she whispered the last part, but was too loud to be quiet.

Y/n giggled at her, Arvin's eyes lighting up at her beautiful laughs, he wanted nothing more than to make her laugh, only him.

"I invited her to stay for dinner if that's alright grandma" arvin said nervously, his grandma turned around and smiled brightly nodding her head.

"Of course it is! You can stay the night too if you'd like hun" she nodded, y/n nodded her head as well, not in the slightest bit creeped out at everyone's wide eyes and nodding.

"Of course, I'll just call my momma and let know" she nodded, Lenora helping her way to find the phone that was sat in his sisters room.

"She'll be mine one day" arvin muttered, quiet enough for only himself to hear. "Just you wait l/n, you'll be a russell soon enough" he muttered quietly.

Arvin looked up from his hands, noticing his grandma looking over at him with a smirk evident on her lips, making his cheeks flush bright red, he turned around and looked down at his feet again.

The same smirk that his grandma wore now on his lips too.