She promised• PP

Summary: even since you and Peter broke up you always kept the necklace that he gave you.
Warnings: swearing, angst, fluff, ex- boyfriend Peter, widow reader.
Word count: 821
Italics is the past.

Third POV:
Your golden Peter necklace was twirling in your fingers while you walked through the building, it was odd that you still wore your ex boyfriends necklace around your neck, months after you two had called it quits, but along with the necklace you made a promise to him.

"You can keep the necklace on one condition" Peter smiled, helping clip the necklace around your neck. You moved your hair to the side so it didn't get caught.

"Oh yeah?" You asked, smiling when you felt Peter kiss your neck once the necklace was on, making you turn around and face the giddy boy.

"You have to promise me to never take it off, not in the shower, not on missions, never okay?" He nodded, holding your hands in his.

"I promise"

You walked through the halls of the compound, finally letting go of the golden chain, and you wandered into the kitchen, finding the tony, nat, Bruce and Steve. When Peter, thor, vision, Hawkeye and Wanda were in the connected living room, watching a very loud film.

"Hey isn't that the necklace Peter gave you?" Tony asked, grabbing your attention, you chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah why?" You asked, curious to why he would ask that kind of question.

"I- well, didn't you two break up like 5 months ago?" Bruce stepped in, making you grab the necklace, as you usually did when you were anxious.

"What's a break up gotta do with my necklace?" You asked, tears welling in your eyes, you never wanted to break up with Peter, in fact you didn't, he did.

"Y/n, please I'm sorry, I just don't want you in any more danger than you already are" Peter tried to justify, tears spilling from both of your eyes as you stormed through the compound halls.

"Please, I'm tired of hearing that same excuse every fucking time!" You shouted back, remembering the time your father sent you to the red room to keep you 'safe'.

"I'm sorry" Peter choked, not daring to look your way before turning around and leaving, while you fell to the wall sliding down to the floor, clenching your fist around your necklace.

"It's got peters name on it, and you guys aren't dating" Tony shrugged, they found it weird that you wore peters name on your chest when you weren't even dating, and when you realised you were right more tears ran down your cheeks.

"Here" you said, taking the necklace off from around your neck and placing it down on the kitchen island. "I need to go" you nodded, running out of the kitchen sobbing.

Little did you know is that Peter heard the whole thing, tears weld in his eyes too, truth be, he didn't want to break up with you either, it's just Mysterio had threatened your life if he didn't, and once he was out of the picture he just figured you wouldn't want him back.

Peter sat up abruptly, not looking a single avenger in the eye as he picked up the necklace.

"She promised" Peter said, answering the questions that lurked through the hero's minds, making them  all feel like jerks, before Peter left to go find you.

Peters POV:
It broke peters heart to see you like this, he never wanted to make you cry.

When he walked into your room and heard your sobs it crushed him, but he stormed on anyway, crying too as he sat down on your bed, making you feel him dip the bed.

"You promised me y/n" Peter choked, lifting the necklace in his enclosed fist to his chest.

"You promised me forever Peter" you choked back, finally sitting up, but you didn't dare to look him in the eye, instead fiddling with the strings on your sweatpants.

"And I still do" he replied, making you furrow your eyebrows and look at him.

"What?" You asked, making him sigh and hinted for you to turn around, which you obliged, moving your hair out of the way for him to put the necklace back on.

"I'm still gonna promise you forever Angel" he whispered, kissing the spot behind your ear, making shivers run down your spine.

"But we aren't together anymore" you sniffled. He didn't know where he got the confidence from, but he turned you around again, slowly leaning in, but not fast enough to close any gap.

"If you'll have me" he breathed, your noses now touching lightly. "Then I'd love to be your boyfriend again" he finished, you didn't speak, instead nodding your head twice, your lips hovering against each other's.

He smirked and finally closed the gap, making your breath hitch, before finally you melted into him once again.