Not easy• BB

Summary: Bradley doesn't know he loves you until he nearly loses you.
Warnings: swearing, fluff, angst, near death.
Word count: 1307

Your POV:
Bradley baker. He was a tough guy to understand, we weren't very close. He always kept his distance from me, which must have been hard for him since I was practically living with his family at this point. His dad had taken him and his brother to a cabin out in the country, inviting me to come as well, I said yes of course, I enjoyed spending time with his younger brother, Caleb, he was incredibly sweet, the total opposite of his brother.

"Come on y/n! We can't be out when it's dark!" I heard Bradley's voice boom through the halls. "I'm coming!" I said, grabbing my beanie and putting it on my head.

I reached the door and smiled at him as he stood at the door. "Took you long enough" he mumbled, but it was loud enough for me to hear. I just scoffed and rolled my eyes in return.

"Come on y/n! I saved a seat for you!" Caleb shouted over, a smile plastered my face as I walked over. "Thanks little man!" I smiled, climbing into the backseat next to Caleb.

"Ready to go?" Elliot asked. Bradley slammed the door shut, causing the lot of us to jolt in our seats. "Let's just go" he mumbled. Elliot nodded and started the car, driving onto the road.
-
We had been driving for about half an hour now, me and Caleb were playing car games. "Ooh! Let's play the number plate game!" Caleb suggested.

"There are no cars for the game to play" I giggled. Then my heart rate picked up as I noticed we were going rather fast. I looked over at Elliot seeing his eyes droop slightly. The road was rather icy. And Bradley was asleep.

"Elliot?" I whispered. No response. The car started going faster. "Elliot slow down!" I said again, shaking his shoulder, making the car swerve slightly. "Shit" I whispered. I turned to Caleb and he looked really scared.

"Bradley!" I tried, he woke up instantly. "What?" He groaned. "Elliot won't listen to me, he's going to fast." I answered.

His eyes widened as he saw how fast we were going. "Jesus dad slow the fuck down!" He shouted, Elliot's eyes shot open, the shock of going so fast causing his to accidentally swerve the car, sending us over an edge.

A lot of loud noises entered my hearing as the car rolled over, until finally I blacked out.
~

"Y/n! Y/n wake up!" I heard Calebs voice, as my eyes fluttered open. My head ached and my whole body was sore, a groan left my lips as I cautiously sat up, Caleb sweetly helping me up. "Dads gone" he whispered.

"Where's Bradley?" Was the first thing to come out of my mouth. Caleb pointed behind me, my head shot round to see an unconscious Bradley lying on the floor.

I shot up from the ground, racing to his side and nudging him. "Bradley, please, wake up!" I shouted, his eyes started to flutter, groans leaving his lips. A sigh of relief left mine and I leant down and hugged him.

"Um, y/n?" He croaked. I came back up, not even noticing how close our faces actually were until I felt his breath fanning my face. I came back again.

"Dads gone Bradley" Caleb interrupted. Bradley groaned and rolled his eyes. "Of course he is" he mumbled, sitting up and brushing the snow off of him. He looked around at our surroundings, and I followed his gaze and noticed we were next to a frozen lake.

"Come on, I see smoke over there, let's follow it and ask those people for help" Bradley said, standing up and already walking to the start of the lake.

"Brad? Are you sure this is safe?" I asked. "Yes y/n, we'll be fine alright. Let's go" he nodded. Me and Caleb returned it and followed along. Doubts already flowing my body as I heard the ice make an almost creaking sound. I gulped and looked over at Bradley and Caleb walking in front of me, I followed along, staying close behind them.

~
We were about three quarters of the way across the lake now, maybe more, and I really wasn't trusting the ice now. It even looked watery.

My suspicions were proved right as I stepped again, the ice beneath me cracking. And rather largely. "H-hey Brad!" I shouted over. "What y/n?" He asked turning around, his eyes widening in shock as he saw the ice beneath me still slowly cracking.

"Okay darling to panic" he soothed, my heart fluttering slightly at the nickname. Snap out of it y/n. You're about to die here!

"Brad I'm scared." I choked, tears brimming over my eyes, a scream leaving my lips as the ice collapsed slightly underneath me. "I know, I know sweetheart, just take a step forward okay" he cooed. I nodded and lifted my foot. Big mistake.

The ice now fully collapsed beneath me, the icy water hitting my skin. A drowned out "y/n!" Being heard from above.

The water was cold against my warm skin, it was dirty, mud and sticks hitting my body. I couldn't hold my breath much longer and slowly water entered my lungs. "No! No!" I screamed, my body already succumbing to the darkness.

Bradley's POV:
Bradley quickly dove to his knees, his hand searching through the freezing cold waters, looking for y/n. Salty tears left his eyes, a choked sob leaving his lips. "Please y/n. Please" he cried, a sigh of relief leaving his lips as he found her arm, yanking her up from the cold water.

He slid her body across the ice , getting her to safety.

The two boys shot up and ran over to y/n helping her over to the ledge and placing her down gently. "Fuck, y/n, wake up!" Bradley said. Shaking her. She didn't move.

He cried a little more, "right caleb, you do the chest pumps while I give her mouth to mouth. NOW" he shouted, tilting her head up and pinching her nose, starting to give her mouth to mouth as his brother pumped her chest.

"Wake up god dammit!" He yelled, giving her mouth to mouth another three times, when finally she choked.

Water was coughed out of her mouth, Bradley turned her to the side, helping her ease the rest out of her body so she didn't choke. "Jesus y/n you scared the crap out of me" Bradley choked, tears now flowing down his cheeks.

"I-I'm S-so-rry" she shivered. She was freezing, her skin was ice cold. "Don't be sorry Angel, just, here" he said, quickly taking off his jacket and wrapping it around her cold body. Her lips were turning a shade of blue now, hyperthermia flowing through her.

"Okay y/n, don't freak out, I'm doing this to warm up your lips, they've Uh, they've gone blue" he nodded awkwardly. "Wha-" y/n was cut off as she was met by Bradley's lips shutting her up. She heard Caleb make a gagging noise, and then rustling, assuming he had turned around.

But Bradley didn't stop. He dragged his tongue along her bottom lip, asking for permission to enter. She easily granted it, Bradley dominated the kiss instantly. He was right, it was warming her up. Butterflies causing her stomach to flip.

He broke the kiss and rested his forehead against his. "Well it worked" he breathed out.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "What did? My lips?" She asked.

"No, just confirmed that I am indeed in love with you" he smiled, before connecting their lips together once again.