..of you• PP

Summary: don't know how to summarise this without spoiling the whole thing

Warnings: again, I don't want to spoil it.
Pairing: Peter Parker x stark!reader
Word count: 0.9k

Your pov:
The harsh blue rays powered out of your hands against thanos. Your screams filled the air as you used all of your might to push them at him, until finally a sudden wave of your powers circled both of you. Thanos took a glance at you before his legs buckled beneath him, and he fell too the ground.

You sucked in a breath and let your body slowly fall to the ground. A small smile crossed over your features. You did it, it's over. Once you caught your breath back you stood up, watching as all of thanos' minions faded away into nothing.

You saw some of your friends, the avengers, begin to crowd up, and you saw the love of your life Peter with Tony. They all watched as the aliens disappeared and their faces were battered and bruised.

You walked over to them with a big smile on your face, and as you grew closer you began to chant:

"We won guys! We did it!" You sighed, though nobody looked your way. You furrowed your eyebrows and walked over to Tony.

"Dad, hey, are you okay?" You asked, his small smile from his face faded as he heard Sam speak into the coms. But you couldn't hear what he was saying.

You turned to Peter, wincing at his bruised face. The bags under his eyes were tired and heavy, his lips was chapped and swollen, his hair was wet from sweat, and his suit was ripped.

You walked over and stood in front of him, and though it hurt when he didn't even spare you a glance you somewhat understood, you guys were still young, only 17 and you just experienced the biggest battle of your lives so far.

"Pete" you sighed, lifting your hand to cup his jaw, your breath hitched when you couldn't feel his roughed up skin against your fingers. "What the fuck" you whispered, feeling and pinching the worm out skin on your hands and wincing when you felt a slight sting from your own pinch.

"No" Peter choked, you looked back up at the love of your life finding tears rolling down his cheeks rapidly, wrinkles crinkling at his eyes as he squeezed them shut every now and then before glancing behind you.

You furrowed your eyebrows and looked behind you, seeing Sam flying down to the rest of you. He was holding a limp body in your arms. You felt your heart clench as at first you thought it was Wanda. But then you heard her broken sob just a few feet away from you.

"Who is Sam holding?" You whispered to Peter, feeling tears well up in your eyes. But no one answered.

"Who the fuck is he holding!?" You shouted louder, but not a single glance came your way. "Please! Who the fuck is that!!!" You screamed, though you knew who it was.

"Please, dad, Peter, someone, please" you choked, feeling your legs buckle from beneath you. Your bare knees hit the rough rocky ground beneath you, but you couldn't feel any pain from it.

"My baby" you heard your dad choke, before his live body walked through your ghostly one. You felt shivers all across your body as Peter also passed through you, until everyone was finally gathered around your corpse.

You brought yourself to stand up and walk over to the group. Shivers rolled through your body again as you walked through everybody once more. You crouched to the ground next to Peter, who held your body close to him.

"Please, y/n, baby, wake up! Please sweetheart, come back to me" Peter choked, you placed a hand on his shoulder, feeling yourself cry more as it fell through him and straight to the ground.

"Peter I'm right here, please," you cried, feeling yourself lose yourself, you put your hand on your corpses hand, praying that it would move, showing any signs that you could regain your life again.

"I can't lose you, I love you so fucking much y/n please." He choked. Your dad placed a hand on Peters shoulder, hinting that he had to let you go now. Peter gently lay you back down, broken sobs continued to leave his lips as he leant down to give your now cold forehead one last kiss. He sat back up and you were now level with him.

You leaned in with tears still flowing down your cheeks. "I love you Peter Parker" you choked in his ear, knowing that he wouldn't hear you. At least that's what you thought until you heard the sobs end.

His body stiffened and his face froze, before his face turned your way, his hand touched the ground next to him gently, though he had no idea his hand flew right through your knee. So you tried again.

"I love you" you whispered again, he knew it this time. He knew you were there, he knew that you loved him, he knew that you were safe now.

"I love you" he whispered, his tired voice breaking as he looked directly into your eyes. Even though he couldn't see you. He knew you were there. He knew you couldn't come back. He knew.

But his feet won't dance, with the ghost of you.