Going into Labour

The week of Christmas. I had set out all the gifts we're giving and I had done all the Christmas shopping but Natehad his own thing going on. He had bought a few gifts as well. Of course, he didn't know about Nataly which I'm not going to blame him for but he said he needs to find something for her too.

My belly was very big and I had my first contraction on the day of Christmas Eve. It wasn't pretty. I had just had breakfast and we were all just having a lazy day. We were supposed to go out for dinner but after the contraction, that was not happen. No doctor's clinics were open and it wasn't an emergency so there was no need to go to the hospital. Nate was so worried but I knew exactly what this was. After that, I was fine. I was just craving so many different things. I didn't get another contraction until a few days later. It was my sister's birthday and she's turning 21 this year. It's a special one. We had all headed over to a hotel near my parents' place. They had already arranged a big party for her. It was nice to see the whole family again. I got a million billion congratulations and people were surpirsed at how big I was. I wore a dress – no space for a saree. It was an ombre piece – it went from golden orange to red and had a sparkly red belt tied into a bow at the back contrasting against the orange. I wore this with a beautiful red rose I my hair which was pulled into a bun by the lovely Mandy and I had curls surrounding my face on either side.  To finish this look, I had my simple gold chain with the tiny heart, my leafy gold earrings and a few sparkly gold and orange bangles. A very comfy pair of booties were underneath – I found these very cute red boots that had small heels.

I had just finished my speech and I headed straight out of the hall where Mandy and I did contraction exercises. One of my aunts was also out there helping me through it. Nate was so worried. He thought I was going into labour. What I didn't know was I was going in way earlier than I thought I would. New Year's was in just two days. My contractions were worse and I got them more often. I was starting to get used to it though. I hope Nataly waits a bit. We all celebrated another year together. Nothing happened yet.

I was due in another month and a half. To my horror, it happened much earlier. It was a week into the New Year and we're leaving in a few days.it happened that day. We were supposed to go to the church. I was dead tired. Everything was hurting and I just felt grouchy. I had yelled at Nate who was keeping his distance. I needed my bubble today. I was alone in the room having one of the worst contractions yet. That's when I felt the wetness. Oh. My. Gosh. Please not now. It was really bad. I called out to Nate weakly and I couldn't even stand. I remember that feeling. I had collapsed onto the bed and I wasn't screaming in pain. I was silent and had started to cry. There wasn't anything I could do either. I was sweating and calling out but no one had heard me. They were all getting ready to leave. Then I heard someone call me and Nate popped into the room to see me like that. He picked me up and dragged me to the car. I was barely concious. My breaths were short and I couldn't even hold his hand without squeezing it hard and releasing it. He was driving me to the hospital. The whole family was following. By the time he got me into emergency, I had gone unconcious. Something was wrong somewhere. There were complications that night. I remember driftng in and out of conciousness.

Once I saw Nate's face peering down at me and I don't know what I said before going back. Finally, they gave me a few drugs and I was back up. I was just very weak. Nataly was still inside. After a few tests, the doctors said there may be a few complications and they need to get the baby out as soon as possible. That night, Nataly was born. I had gone into unconciousness again after she came out.