Day 18 & 19

Day 18

Mandy's family went to visit more people today. In two days, we will be having another wedding practice ritual session. Apart from that, there's another birthday today! Granny just turned 70! This month is just full of birthdays; there are to many summer babies! We decorated the place and  bought food from a catering place nearby. We surprised her in the afternoon after she had come back from one of her programs. We popped a few poppers and presented her with a bouquet before letting her get ready for her party

Soon, we were all ready to welcome the rest of the guests - Granny's friends and more of Mandy's and Raj's immediate family.  I was dressed in a pretty pink saree with small ornamental designs. This was one of the few sarees I picked up from my house because I need a lot of them for the time I'm here. A little bit of pink eyeshadow and liner traced my eyes. My hair was swept back into a braid that hung down my back. The flowers from outside were in full bloom and all the ladies wore one in their hair.

We bought Granny a beautiful purple sari with small shimmers of gold and an elaborate design that was simple and sophisticated. As we all crowded around to cut the cake I felt a small pull at my sari's end. I turned to find Nathan holding Raj's sister's daughter. She was giggling after getting my attention. I smiled and poked them both. After our festivities,  we cleaned up; I was on dish duty and boy, do I really need a manicure after this.

Earlier today we had our dance class. Today's dance class was very important because we have almost the entire dance but it still needed polishing. Our instructor, Kevin used me as an example to teach the men a few steps. The other instructor, Molly was teaching the other girls a step that I already knew. I could feel the heat rising to Nathan's cheeks as he watched me dancing with Kevin.

He's so cute when he's jealous. Kevin is Molly's husband and he's probably in his early 40s. He wouldn't be into me that way. I showed Nathan the move and he did it better than Kevin (to my eyes at least). One of the other couples needed a lot of help with a few of the moves. They always step on each other's feet! During break, the couple was practicing and two left-feet Joe stepped on Kelly's feet who in turn stepped back and pushed me into Nathan who hit the water tank. Domino effect!

Luckily he was able to get up before me and helped me to my feet. Kelly and Joe came over to ask us to help them out so Nathan and I performed the whole thing for them. When we finished, we had a small crowd clapping for us. Kelly said she wished that she were as good as me. I told her she'll be fine and that practice makes perfect.

Some of the guys from the normal dance classes were there too and making comments like "Mmm mmm, them hips lookin good". I think I turned a bit pink and felt a little embarrassed. Nathan heard too because he turned around and with his arm around my waist he said "Sorry boys, she's taken". He had his arm around me like that as we were leaving. 

 We were walking out of the studio when a bunch of flower petals floated across us and some got stuck in my hair. Nathan pulled his fingers through and the flowers fell out. His touch was so warming and I felt so welcoming to his touch instead of shying away. My comfort level with him has definitely gotten past the initial awkward stages. I remembered that sweet moment from earlier as I fell asleep with gentle butterflies flying around in my stomach.

Day 19

Today, I woke up with a rampage of butterflies having war in my stomach! I was woken up with the news of our trip to go ziplining! Nate came behind me, helping me climb. My fear of heights was overcome today with some help. Luckily, my lunch didn't come out. We had another ritual rehearsal and more wedding preparation after that!

Some of Raj's family came over that night. His sister looks like she has a watermelon stuffed under her shirt. She wore a nice black baggy off-the-shoulder top over a tank with a thin green shawl. Pregnant and stylish! We all enjoyed some dinner before they had to get going.  I changed back into a giant teddy bear t-shirt. Tomorrow's my Saturday movie date with Nate! I can't wait! 

Love in 30 Days or more: Kate and NateOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara